Skate spots

Hi,

Does anyone here skateboard in or around Taipei? I'll be heading there in less than two months and I'd love to do some skating while I'm there. I've watched a couple skate videos in Taiwan but I don't know exactly where the spots are. I'd like to map out some spots to hit and maybe even skate with other foreigners and locals. 
 If you know of any, let me know the exact address(if possible). I'm looking for ledges, maybe some small rails, manual pads(to drops). I don't do stairs or gaps too much, just mostly grinds/slides and manual stuff. Looking forward to skating some buttery ledges out there!  :lick:

There’s a skateboard park right outside one of the exits of the Nangang MRT station (not Nangang Exhibition Hall but the stop right before with the name simply “Nangang”). Skate or die, dude! (I haven’t said that in a looooong time.)

Nice. Thanks. I just watched a couple videos on that skatepark. Looks pretty nice.
Oh and it’s been almost 10 years since I’ve heard “skate or die”!

If you go to the river park (the river that runs from around Nangang and goes west past the red MRT Tamshui/Beitou line). Stay on the South Bank of the river park.

Somewhere going west between the intersection of highway 1 and tiding road section 1 (close to Songshan airport) and the intersection of Zhoumei Expressway and Yangping North Section 7, there is a small skate park that I’ve seen while riding through through. I don’t know the exact spot, but I believe it is closer to the intersection of Zhoumei Expressway and Yangping North Section 7. If I remember I’ll to locate the spot on my GPS next time I see it.

Great thanks nonredneck. If you do remember be sure to post it here :slight_smile:

There are plenty of spots here, spots that are just crying out to be skated. Meet-up spots, the best I’ve seen is next to Alley Cats, the one near ZhongZheng XinSheng Station.
八德路入口匝道(長安東路 民生東路 士林大直), Zhongzheng District, Taiwan. It’s under a bridge so you can skate in all weathers.

OK OP. I found the one I was talking about, but I’m not sure it’s what you want. It’s more like a roller derby rink with raised sides and curved gradual inclines.

The name of the park is Taipei City Bailing Left Bank Riverside Park (or Bǎilíngzuǒ’àn Riverside Park on google maps). It’s on the west bank, just south of Bailing Bridge. It’s roughly at google map coordinates 25.087197,121.512863. If you go to google maps and enter 25.087197,121.512863 in the search, the green should be about where it is.

thanks guys, keep em coming!

[quote=“Steviebike”]There are plenty of spots here, spots that are just crying out to be skated. Meet-up spots, the best I’ve seen is next to Alley Cats, the one near ZhongZheng Xinsheng Station.
八德路入口匝道(長安東路 民生東路 士林大直), Zhongzheng District, Taiwan. It’s under a bridge so you can skate in all weathers.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ve been looking for this spot for a year! I keep seeing it in all the videos~ :bravo: :notworthy:

I’ve seen some ramps in Neihu Sports Park near Neihu Costco.

[quote=“Steviebike”]There are plenty of spots here, spots that are just crying out to be skated. Meet-up spots, the best I’ve seen is next to Alley Cats, the one near ZhongZheng Xinsheng Station.
[/quote]
There’s no such thing as ZhongZheng Xinsheng Station. I think you mean Zhongxiao Xinsheng.