Slingbox & satellite tv

Tonight a friend of mine was watching the South African DSTV Satellite at his home thru a slingbox… here’s his picture and speed tests below :smiley: :smiley:

1500kps for Mr He… damn :bravo: :smiley: :smiley:

So for those who are not allowed to install dishes there’s always a solution…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I want something like that, it will enable me to see Danish TV here. The quality was like this:

Full screen:

Less than full screen:

This is one is with greetings from Jim to Wookie:

Slingbox? I think if you really want or need TV, a simple satellite dish antenna is the ONLY way to go… Slingbox is a passing fancy for gimmicky muscleheads. NOTHING can match the plain brilliance of REAL satellite TV.

I know, I didn’t buy a 1000 dollar drill for nothing, guys… I got the nuts and bolts and silicone to prove it… Just attach the electrodes at throat level, Boris…

Saw yummy Ms. Taylor a few nights back on TCM, when she was but twenty-two or so… Makes you wonder – what would a guy have had to have had to get her into bed?

~C~L~U~E~L~E~S~S~B~O~X~

Popo,
Just what satellite system is going to give you access to US TV programming or local news from your home town. I’ve seen some pretty good quality from a slingbox, and with a DVR the time zone change is no longer a problem.

Good point, but it is just a fad even so… Wait and see, before long everything will be done by satellite and you can kiss those useless cables so long, dah…

Anyway, I would find watching the local news from my home town utterly boring most of the time, Wes…

Tell Bert that Ernie’s wondering what those guys did with the heiress…

What sort of speed are you slinging at. I’ve had many complain that there upload speeds are only 300kps or less. Obviously having the broadband to upload is very important. As you can see Mr He was getting from 1100kps to 1500kps which means that he can run at the maximum video audio and bitrate settings.

However we can now stream content to other places that cannot receive the satellite packages we receive. Not eveybody wants US content. :wink:

The real benefit is that we can now SLING satellite tv to people who are not allowed to have a dish on their apartment buildings rooftop.

It’s not my system so I don’t know all of the particulars on speeds.
I was just responding to Popo’s comments that satellite is the only way to go.

I think the Slingbox has a lot of potential as long as they can remain out of legal battles with the content providers.

I realise many (most) people don’t want US content, but dammit, I DO!!! :slight_smile: I’ll be heading back to the US in a couple of months anyway.

[quote=“JMcNeill”]It’s not my system so I don’t know all of the particulars on speeds.
I was just responding to Popo’s comments that satellite is the only way to go.

I think the Slingbox has a lot of potential as long as they can remain out of legal battles with the content providers.

I realise many (most) people don’t want US content, but dammit, I DO!!! :slight_smile: I’ll be heading back to the US in a couple of months anyway.[/quote]

Perhaps Popo is ignorant of the fact that you can’t pick up US satellites here in Taiwan. Some people still believe the world is flat. Two issues… over the horizon and no signals here anyways.

Slingbox is legal and no providers are chasing them afaik. But we have many customers who were not allowed to put up a dish on their buildings. So we sling DSTV South Africa and other satellites to them.

We also sling to China where satellite dishes are illegal. :smiley: :smiley: