Small server rack with mesh front and back door

Where can I find a small server rack with mesh front and back doors?

I see some stuff on Shopee from China, but the pictures and text are not so clear and I am unable to identify whether both the front and back are mesh (do not want glass, or plastic doors). Also, reviews suggest items are shipped from China and may take a while to arrive and be seriously warped or deformed in some cases.

Ideally, I would find a shop where I can go look at the racks and then take one home from there. I do not need a full rack, smallish maybe 100cm tall and 80deep.

1 Like

first option that comes to mind is guanghua computer markrt.

1 Like

Thanks, that would be great. But, I have combed over Guanghua many times (since I enjoy electronics), but do not remember seeing any server racks. It is likely if there are any shops though they might be around there.

Have you checked Ruten? Same problem with deliveries as Shopee though.

Another option is DYI or have someone doing it for you.

EDIT: have you actually ever seen a rack with mesh in both front and rear panels? got any picture?

The server racks at the co-location we use at work have mesh doors in front and back. Here is a link of something with mesh front and back doors from Amazon:

Looks like this shop has what I want:
https://www.serverbank.com.tw/products/index01_01_detail.asp?page=9754&k1=63&k2=126&k3=0&k4=0&zone=1&brand=&sortby=

I am not sure how to communicate my requirements to them, but if there are no shops where I can go to look then I may try that shop.

(by the way, have not checked Ruten, let me try)

1 Like

Go and do it!

I think it should be easy to describe what you want: H, W L, materials for each, tray(s) location, etc

1 Like

They’d be special order.

Bartek 巴德商務網 is your best bet.

http://www.355.com.tw

1 Like

Is it possible to just replace the door with mesh or something? How hard can it be?

My brain
dwarf-waiter

4 Likes

Actually this is to keep cats away from two servers and a bunch of network gear. Let me know if you have an idea.

If that’s the purpose… why did you need mesh in the front again? extra aeration?

Ventilation

1 Like

Yeah the mesh is because these systems get hot. I guess they could live with an acrylic front door and pull air from side or bottom and blow out the back, but that seems like an imperfect solution.

Yeah, these things get hot but back in the day I think I saw them in all fashions… including crystal front panel. They should be designed with this in mind even if the front door doesn’t let air pass through. I guess the additional ventilation could come in handy in hotter environments like… your house if you don’t run an AC and the sun hits that room’s walls hard.

1 Like

Now I come to think… it should be possible to put together something without expending too much money. If it’s not for your office (I understand you don’t have cats at the office… right?), anything would do, and you could get the mesh in some hardware store.

https://www.ruten.com.tw/find/?q=金屬網

Idea: place some nice vents at the bottom and top, so that the hot air goes up and the cabinet “sucks” air into it from the bottom vent(s). If you want to do it like a pro, place a CPU fan on the top and cover the vents with filters. Sounds like a fun project TBH. You can LED the shit out of it too.

1 Like

Yeah, it is more of a hobby. Worst case I may get some storage shelves, leave the mesh out and use cable protectors. Something like this:

I should clarify, the servers are in desktop format. I call them servers, because they have Supermicro motherboards and a bunch of disks onboard, and produce considerable heat.

Or build a frame around it and cover it in chicken wire mesh… Enough to keep cats out but not airflow

And I should mention I plan to keep my servers in the living room. They are way too loud for a bedroom. I can hear the disks clicking across the house. A basic wooden frame with chicken wire may look out of place.

I don’t know then. Maybe put it inside a cabinet with mesh as door instead?

1 Like