Smart Watch for Kids

Are there any smart watches for kids that parents here have experience using or would recommend? I’m not ready to make the leap to a smartphone for my kid so the smart watch like Gizmo Watch that they sell in the US is a good alternative, allows for making calls to select contacts/emergencies GPS etc.

1 Like

i bought the xiaomi one and im happy with its performance so far (almost 2 years).

1 Like

May I ask wear you bought it? Do you have a data plan through one of the cellphone carriers?

I was hoping that I could avoid buying a Chinese brand through.

1 Like

Apple Watch with Family Setup is an option.

Pchome were selling brands new Apple Watch SE gen1’s for $5000 a month or two back, which is not much more than the cheap Chinese brands.

I assume 2nd hand is similar or cheaper. Just check the battery capacity.

1. Does it have an option for English UI?
  2. How’s the battery life?
1 Like

parent app has english, watch doesnt (not a major obstacle for my kid)
about 3 days batttery life (depends on usage)

1 Like

I bought the watch on shopee:
https://shopee.tw/search?keyword=小米米兔%20兒童電話手錶&trackingId=searchhint-1692340750-f005e846-3d91-11ee-9263-f4ee080d29f6

i got a data plan from taiwan mobile (da ge da) for 149 NT a month (this was the price when i signed up almost 2 years ago, i dont know what is the current price).

Apple Watch SE is good for kids. I believe they have some kind of family call feature that allows any of your kid’s Apple Watch synced to your iPhone to be able to make and receive calls and texts to you, and you only.

It’s also a great way to physically track your kids. They will show up in your Find My iPhone app.

Sure, because being tracked is an exclusively adult thing.

Same here.
We got a myFirst smart watch (Singaporean) and a SIM card from FET for my son.
They also have local support in Taiwan in case you need it.

3 Likes

Did you go to the cellphone carrier or get it online?

Online, from Momo, I think.
In the cellphone carriers I only saw Chinese devices