🎱 Snooker | Chinese Snooker Scandal

Bad. Innit.

1 Like

You never want to be greedy. Always fires back.

Yeah. Just had this happen sunday at a buffet with all you can eat ice cream…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know how to approach all-you-can-eat buffets. It’s either eat too much and feeling bad afterwards or eat just enough and feeling like missing out. Buffets bad. :laughing:

From that story it seems like they did approach other players, which seems like a bad idea. Sooner or later this will come out. If you are approached by the betting mafia, on the other hand, you might get away with it, if it’s just you doing the cheating. But then you have to be good to lose on purpose in the first place. If you are good, you probably don’t need the cash. Unless you are greedy, of course.

1 Like

Is cheating common in snooker??

10 players cheating and only Chinese in this news story.

Avid Snooker fan here! Been playing since I was a teen back in my country and stopped after coming to Taiwan. Fortunately, there’s one channel here that broadcasts Snooker in its entirety during a Season and I watch it everytime it’s on. Loved seeing Luca Brecel lift the trophy this time! :grinning:

I had high hopes for Yang and Zhao (especially Zhao!)…when I first saw the youngster play, I was really impressed with his style of fast play and break building skills. He truly deserved winning the UK Championship and as for Yang, although he’s a bit slower, he’s still a force to be reckoned with on the green baize. Winning the Masters was a great achievement for him.

I still don’t understand how they got influenced by Liang to fix matches seeing as both were in top form and had won big tournaments just before being caught. I guess the money earned by fixing matches was too big to dismiss. Hope they both learnt a lesson from this and come back stronger than before.

No! Not at all…All my years following Snooker and I only remember a handful of players being caught match fixing. Who knows there may have been instances of large scale match fixing (past & present) but since no one has been caught, I would assume that that a very few players who are corrupt. The biggest names that were caught were John Higgins and Stephen Lee and of course, Quentin Hann who was not such a big name but was an up and coming player with huge potential.

1 Like

Never bet on anything that talks.