🎱 Snooker | Pool or Snooker Tables in Taiwan

Hi I’m new to the forum and soon to be new to Taiwan, I will arrive in just under a month! I have become an avid pool player back in the states, while in college, and I was hoping to continue playing in Taiwan. How common is it to find pool tables at bars and to find people playing? I have heard that snooker is very popular in mainland china is this the same for Taiwan? I have never played snooker before but would be eager to give it a try. Thanks!

Pool halls are all over the place. Look for the 9 ball signs. I’m not so sure about snooker, though.

You ll find pool halla all over the place but very few tables in bars and pubs…you can usually bring your own beer in any pool hall… you will also find that Taiwanese are generally muuch better player then most foreigner…
Ps. I have a table at home, hit me up when you get here.

Francis

hi guys,

does anybody know a non smoking pool hall? (around shida, or easy access by mrt/bus)
all the ones i know are covered in smoke with either 16 year old highschool kids or 50 year old binglang guys :confused:
after 1 minute in there i wanna throw up.
they all have smoking not allowed signs outside, but inside they are all like a bar :>
ximen has one with a good ac at least, but still after 1 hour i wanna burn my clothes…

thx.

This place Xinyi Taipei area “Friends” has snooker balls and tables set up for snooker. I don’t they are regulation size snoooker tables, I think they’re just standard size pool tables.

Very nice tables and cues, some smoking in some areas but you don’t notice it.

Also people playing 9 ball and 8 ball and a few other things.

朋友撞球