Snoring Problem/Breathing Problems

Yes, the reason why it took a year to get it was because they needed me to test myself at their sleep center first (or fork over thousands of NTD for my own kit). I was lucky in that usually the wait takes 1/2 a year, but we lucked out in finding someone cancel last minute. After getting the mouthpiece, I had to go get tested again at the sleep center. My figures improved quite a bit.

Anecdotally, I used to need 10 hours of sleep, plus naps during the lunch break. I was just used to it since my youth and never thought much of it. Now, I can partition 8 hours of sleep during the evening and feel rested enough to exercise during my lunch break, instead of napping. It’s a huge difference.

It was determined that my apnea was “moderate” in severity (translated from 中), which would require some sort of intervention (whether CPAP or mouth guard).

I went to NTU, so the 掛號 fees are higher than usual. The sleep center tests were covered by NHI. The mouth guard was 自費, which was a bummer, since we need to be careful with our finances. Thankfully, due to my relative age and health (I’m a fit person), the dental doctors determined that I didn’t need the originally prescribed mouth guard that would have cost 13,000-ish. They made me a cheater one for $5-7k (sorry, figures are hazy, because it was a year ago). All I remember was being ecstatic for saving ~10k.

See above for the finances. Sorry I can’t remember the specific figures, only ballpark figures. The custom-fitted mouth pieces that pulls my lower jaw forward worked instantly and effectively for me. YMMV, of course.

1 Like

A recent local study discusses old people. Young people can also have sleep apnea.

A CPAP machine can help.