Snub –Nosed Animals- Shipping

Hi guys…
i am getting scared about the moving of my French Bulldog and Persian cat… i talked to a few travel agencies to relocate them from Taiwan to Colombia and i got a quote only from one of the agencies… USD13k for both pets… that is way out of my budget…

i am trying to work with Pet-Tour (Rebeca) to get a quote from TPE to LAX, and then i am trying to work with other airlines or agencies to move them from LAX to Colombia… but cost and time constrains are making things very hard…

IF i am not lucky or i cannot get something going on to get them to travel, and this is just IF… is there anyone out there serious enough who would take them in in Taiwan?
it would have to be someone who takes them both as they have been together forever and they are best friends… the dog is fully house broken and will wait for you even if you get home late…

this is by no means what i want to do, but i need to cover all bases here… my expected travel date is around Dec 20th… so only serious people who are willing to take them permanently… please PM me :cry:

Dexter (the french bulldog) is 2.5 years old, and Coco, the Persian cat is 3.5 years old…
just to mention, my cat plays with my 1 year old baby and has never ever done anything to him… so be sure they are both super tame and easy going…

I am sure that price is wrong so dont panic. I paid 9k us for 3 old time bulldogs from London to here, 80kg total weight. But if it is a no go, and you cannot find a home for the dog, contact me.

contact jetset pets they are a UK pet shipping company. they may help you directly or know another agent. but the price you have been quoted is bullshit. whyn would a catncost more than 3 large dogs for a shorter trip ?

if time is the only issue I will look after your dog until you can send him. if its permanent I will possibly take the dog, depends how mine take to him

South America is the ends of the Earth as far as air travel goes. That’s why it’s so expensive. You’d be better off investing the money into research into transporter portals and doing the job yourself.

it may be the ends of the earth, however his dog weighs what 8kg ? his cat for arguments sake the same. 16kg total. If you fly dogs the dimensions of the crate and weight set the price. the boxes would be smaller than the box for one of my dogs. my dogs weigh 5 times as much. yet its cheaper to send all 3 of mine than it costs to send his cat ? Its not difficult to do this yourself, but you have to pull your finger out and do it. its getting very late in the day for all the paperwork.

the issue may be you are expecting airline carriers to be fair. i remember getting a quote of a couple hundred (USD) from TPE to YVR (vancouver). If possible i would try to transfer ANYWHERE but LAX, or the united states for that matter. But colombia is going to be a rape n gouge no matter how you figure it. I was going to suggest fedex, but for some reason i think they dont carry animals.

13k is hard to swallow, even if it were a human ticket! though i assume it is half that per animal, and i can see it costing 6k per person in a peak time from here to there.

I am not in a great position right now to take new animals, but if the alternative is the street I will take them in for you.

Hi guys, thx for the comments and support!!

i have tried calling the airlines directly, the ones from TPE to USA and the ones from USA to Colombia, i would say i called all of them… the part from TPE to USA is the “easiest” one, but not cheap either because of the breed of my dog “french bulldog” and the age and weight (close to 3 years old and around 12kg)… you see Dexter is in very good body shape and is packed with a thick body, not really a fat dog, but he is very small…
the weight limit for in-cabin is 10kg including the Kennel… for french bulldogs they as for the kennel to be 1 size larger than the dog…
some airlines, specially from US to Colombia wont transport in any way the frenchies… some others would only do it for puppies below 8 months old… the temperature range in Colombia being a tropical country makes the dog to fly in normal pet cargo almost impossible… so a special pet service is required, with vet checkups and all that stuff…
i have also called the agents that the airlines recommended and so far the cheapest option for all the trip is close to 10K USD…
i already talked to my wife and we simply cannot afford that as we are doing a full relocation and the list of expenses coming is kind of big…

i still hope i can find someone to be able to keep both the dog and the cat together… but one thing that is a must is that they need a forever home and not a temporal home.

thx again guys, please keep your eyes on a candidate for Dexter and Coco! i will be back in Taiwan by the end of this month…

Do you ever feel anxious?

registermyserviceanimal.com/
“Avoid Pet Related Travel Fees and Qualify For No Pet Housing!
Many people register their dogs as Service Animals or Emotional Support Animals (ESA) so they can accompany them into stores, restaurants, motels, or on airline flights (for no extra cost). Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals qualify for housing where pets aren’t allowed.”

I have a friend who got around an anti-dog landlord using a service pet registration. He got it from a doctor who worked online and pretty much all he had to say was, “sometimes I feel really anxious.” Worked great for him. And his dog was a full-sized pitty. I remember him saying he could take the dog with him on flights for free in the cabin - they bought first class and the dog got its own seat.
I didn’t read the whole site and not sure how this would go if you’re not a US citizen but worth a try :wink:

I have sent you PMS about your dog as I have someone interested. Yet as in the past when I have offered information for how to ship your exact same dog over the last six months, I have not heard back.

hi Riggers, i sent you a PM just now, let me know if you got it!

and for NonTocareLeTete, ill check it out thx!

Heck if my uncle was still driving all the way down to the coffee lands from Texas I’d put you in touch. I would say if you can get them to LA there should be an easier way to get them down to Bogota. I would say the hardest part is just to get them to LAX. US should have a plethora of this services, flat nose or not. Or some kind of pet service where they can stay there until weather conditions allow better travel.

Have you reehomed them ?

Unfortunately the most difficult part is from US to Bogota… due to weather temperature in Latin America and airlines using smaller, older airplanes…

well i have a friend who is willing to take the cat, they already have one se we still have to check for compatibility… but i will get back to Taiwan on 12/30th and they will get back in 1/10th so the trial will have to wait a bit :wink:

as for Dexter, there are a few people interested, unfortunately i am not in the country now due to a business trip… ill report when i get back and if the new home is set or if i need more assistance!