So..what did you do today?

Got out the house
Walked the dogs, got pushed by a stranger because my dog pooped on the street.(before I had a chance to pick it up) lol
Met up with someone who made me laugh my head off

Thank God for Laughter.

Woke up 14: something.
Tok a shower to get the bloody tobaco smell off my body.
Tok the MRT to get my first experience with animals taiwan.
Walked 4 dogs.
Went home.
Wasted time on batracer and forumosa.

I’m sutch a looser.
Only thing I did all day for myself or annybody else is walking 4 dogs.
I have to start doing more things

Woke up at 5, got a ride from a friend and hiked Lilung Mtn. Got home, had a lovely dinner that couldn’t be beat, went to sleep and woke up to post this. Will probably have another dinner that can’t be beat, go to sleep and not get up until tomorrow morning. A good day.

[quote=“pubba”]Taichungsocialclub - what is a ‘cram school’ - is it like a buxiban for older students?[/quote] cram school = buxiban.

[quote=“pubba”]Wu Qi really as bad as people suggest? When I lived there in 2003 it seemed to be a friendly place, if not a little dreary looking…[/quote]Wu Chi is twice the size of Cin Shuei, but there’s half as much in it. That’s no mean feat.

[quote=“pubba”]I spent a lot of time in Ching Shwei (?) as well which seemed a whole lot more metropolitan (ha!)[/quote] Shalu: TomHill’s old hideout.
Wu Chi: Sandman visiting his inlaws.
Cin Shuei: Me.

You don’t have to be a freakin’ rocket scientist to figure this one out. Cin Shuei is the place to be.

And a pre-emptive :raspberry: to whatever smart ass remarks Tom Hill and / or Sandman may have to say on this subject.

Got up early and went to the flower market looking for some gifts.
Later, went out to grab lunch; caught the one-man-show of Contemporary Legend Theatre’s adaptation of King Lear; bit more gift shopping (gotta get the Christmas gifts in the mail early), maybe a movie or a game now.
Time flies.

HAHAA if you read too much into what other peoples lives are in Taiwan , you MAY end up wanting to stay home. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

point is you have to make YOUR own life on Taiwan. And you should certainly avoid some of the pitfalls that some others have fallen into ?

maybe you could ask them a few questions like

1. what made you go to TAiwan.
  2. is your life in taiwan basically better or worse then the one you left behind.
  3. why this is so?
  4. what are your plans now?
  5. how do you plan to work your plans?

something like that may give you further insight.

we all have good days and bad days so a one day snippet of ones life maybe a grossly inaccurate portrayal of that persons existance there?

just my 1 cent worth (yes maybe its worth less then the usual 2 cents … :slight_smile: )

Went for a bike ride this morning. Between Cin Shuei and Jia Nan the police had part of the road blocked off.

As I rode by I noticed a scooter lying on its side. There was a single helmet lying on the road, the face shield covered in blood. Then I noticed the two chalk outlines on the road next to the scooter, both drawn around a pool of blood. It didn’t look as though another vehicle had been involved.

That’s because the “other vehicle” is long gone, another coward who won’t admit fault. And more likely than not, it was probably a couple of young, inexperienced kids who got nailed. :fume:

[quote=“Taichung Social Club”]Went for a bike ride this morning. Between Qingshui and Jia Nan the police had part of the road blocked off.

As I rode by I noticed a scooter lying on its side. There was a single helmet lying on the road, the face shield covered in blood. Then I noticed the two chalk outlines on the road next to the scooter, both drawn around a pool of blood. It didn’t look as though another vehicle had been involved.[/quote]

we can only speculate of course and there are many many many possibilities.

one of which could be that the lone motorcyclist hit a pedestrian and both of them died? hence the single helmet with visor covered in blood and the two outlines, indicating two bodies?

but there really are too many possibles to consider tho.

anybody know more about this accident?

Those raging hormones always make you forget about the knot, eh? I didn’t know it was one of “those” kinds of parades.

Worked a few hours in the morning, went to Chinese class at noon, came back to Zhao Ming at 4pm and went for a bike ride and a run. There’s a place in Da Ping Ding that the locals call “Pineapple mountain” which I use for workouts. It’s a little place, and it’s only a short ride from the house, so if I sprint it’s good cross-training.

• Woke up late (11am) because I was up till 3am being angst ridden and pathetic…
  • Came downstairs, had a tuna sandwich for breakfast (kindly prepared by my friends wife)
  • Sat on the net for an hour or so posting pictures to my multiply site and reading forums, sending emails etc…
  • Trying to motivate myself to go for a bike ride or SOMETHING…
  • Tonight will go to a dao temple to take some pics and do the weiguoren routine for the locals
  • Then home to play some xbox and list some junk on ebay that I have accumulated in the last 2 weeks

Actually its not much different to my life in Australia :laughing:

Things will change when I get back from Thailand and start work. Im just kind of idling until then I think…

Seriously considering living in Taipei again… Or moving closer to Taichung city… The bus system here is a joke. I was hoping to be able to jump on a bus whenever I like and head into Taichung city to wander around…

The last time I tried, the bus driver spoke no english, shook his head when i tried to speak chinese, did not even try to read the phrasebook that i highlighted the correct phrase in and eventually waved me away…

Wish there was an MRT in every Taiwanese city. I was amazed at how clean, efficient and foreigner friendly it was :slight_smile:

Woke up and checked my email and got an unexpected lovely letter
Went to work, reviewed a lesson with the kids, held my tongue for the 1,000,000 time my Co teacher spoke her horrible English to a student (went I’ve asked, pleaded, argued, shouted ) for her not to.
Went for a healing
Walked the dogs, one got hit(he’s alright TG), got a pie say! And turned the other cheek, while talking to myself down the street that “one day people will grasp the concept. Keep hope alive” :noway:
Mopped the floor
Begain my list for my moving sale.*stay tune for interesting items at low low prices

Oh nice thread pubba :slight_smile:
Woke up at 1030am turned off the a/c.
Showered, shaved and jumped on the rocket to buy a subway.
Posted some parcels at my friendly post office.
Rolled back home and did absolute crap all other than waiting to move so I can say goodbye to the one idiot in the nightmarket shouting his head off.

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head,
had a homemade blueberry pie turnover with fresh hot latte,
ironed some shirts, made some calls to track down locally made pepperoni,
cruised in to work, interviewed an applicant for a job position,
gave her a thumbs down (too bad; I hate doing that),
looked up a lot of words in an English-Chinese dictionary,
headed home, picked up food fixin’s
whipped together a couple of homemade-pesto hamburgers,
watched some TV, posted a bit,
clipped the cats’ nails,
chopped and pureed some garlic,
got ready for bed,

4000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

:bravo: :bravo:

exactly what I thought

Dragonbones - I have a hankering for a pesto burger right about now…! :lick:

I wont post todays because it only just began an hour or so ago…

Yesterday then :smiley:

• Woke up at 10am after playing Call of Duty 3 till 2am the night before :s
  • Quick shower/shave/etc
  • Stumble downstairs to the office level of the house
  • Make a coffee, do the ‘Good Morning!’ rounds of the staff
  • Check email and reply to the 200 bloody teacher recruiter mails
  • Ponder life and the meaning thereof whilst sitting on the loo
  • Go to supermarket, take inane photos of foodstuffs to post on my multiply site
  • Friend picks me up at 4pm, go to her old workplace (shoe factory) and speak to interested english students (all 1 of them). Watch her try on shoes and boots for an hour or so, and bring out my flash cards (hi truant!) to practise with my lone english student
  • Go home, have some dinner and play xbox for an hour or so
  • Friend comes back at 7pm and takes me to observe her buxiban class
  • Much hilarity ensues
  • Spend an awkward trip home discussing personal life with aforementioned friend, who I am smitten with :smiley:
  • Hungry when I get home, so jump on scooter and ride around till I find a fried chiken vendor
  • Return home, distribute chicken to hungry housemates
  • Retire to my sanctuary, surf the web, chat to friends and upload photos
  • Sleep at 2am

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb ac… no, combs are for people with no hair. Remembered I’d promised to do a staff training session. Already prepped it but reread my .ppt because I realised it will be met with the same irritation, dismay and tears of boredom all training sessions are met with. Still, it’s a living, int it?