Soccer or other sports classes for small kids? if not, let's start a league for kids

does anybody know of any good soccer classes for little kids? I have 4 and 6 year old girls, would love for them to get more involved with sports and be more active. I get it that the culture in Taiwan tend to steer kids toward education and hitting the books, but I personally grew up in the States, and would prefer my kids to be more active in their early days.

so this is really a 2 part question:

1. does anybody know of any good soccer/sports classes for kids (around 4 to 6 years old) in Taichung area? and better yet, any leagues for regular competition for the kids?

2. do you guys think there would be demand from parents (local or expats) to put kids in structured soccer classes? I might just hire a coach or two and start my own soccer league / soccer class for the young kids.

Soccer leagues are so common in the States and kids seem to enjoy it so much, I was hoping to replicate it here. so I’m trying to gauge the interest from the parents in Taiwan if there anybody that might be interested in something like this.

these are just initial thoughts, and welcome any comments or suggestions. and if anybody else would like to join to get a league or class going, feel free to contact me.

I’m only thinking about Taichung area for now, but if successful, would love for the entire island to participate.

1 Like

My partner in a business has two boys . They regularly play in a football team. I will find out more and let you know .

fantastic…thanks shiadoa! let me know what you find out

There are quite a few kids soccer teams and organisations in Taiwan, some even have foreign coaches. There are mixed soccer team and also girls teams that girls can play on. My kid is on the school team but they are associated with Songshan soccer club. There are tournaments and competitions on almost every weekend ! I can seen you some links later. This is in Taipei so maybe Shiadoas info is more appropriate.

Hello,
I’m a french soccer in Taichung. I teach soccer to kids , are you still looking for classes for your children?