[SOLVED] BUG? Quotes not working

“I,” capitals and apostrophes seem to be the culprits, as far as I can tell. Its weird.

[quote=“sandman”]“I,” capitals and apostrophes seem to be the culprits, as far as I can tell. Its weird.[/quote]It’s to do with the auto censor, I bet you a doughnut. If Gus was to look at it, he might find out it’s a mixture of the old and new, and find some bits of the auto link thingy he tried for a bit.

Can you turn off the auto censor for PMs ? That would fix it. It doesn’t matter what people say in PMs anyway coz they’re private.

Or just turn off the auto censor completely, since it’s universally loathed? :smiley:

I don’t loathe it

Quotes in PMs are still broken.

“We’ll go to Thailand soon” became “We’ll go to soon!” :loco:

Dragonbabe reported that stuff got stripped out of a PM when she quoted it. So apparently this but is still there.

Unfortunately, unless we find a simple solution soon (search www.phpBB.com), we may wait until the upgrade to Olympus for a fix

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Dragonbabe reported that stuff got stripped out of a PM when she quoted it. So apparently this but is still there.[/quote]Yes, it’s still there. The bug seems to have a particular aversion to the word “Taipei” for some reason.

[quote=“Goose Egg”]Unfortunately, unless we find a simple solution soon (search www.phpBB.com), we may wait until the upgrade to Olympus for a fix[/quote]Fine with me. No big deal. But isn’t the bug caused by the autocensor? Sorry for being subversive here, but if this is the case, couldn’t we just turn the autocensor off?

But that would mean the capitalisation of the capital would be “capped” :wink:

[quote=“Goose Egg”]But that would mean the capitalisation of the capital would be “capped” :wink:[/quote]Call me an anarchist, but I reckon we should all be free to uncapitalise what we want, where we want, whenever we want! And it would be really nice if the surname of a very important EFL author didn’t get turned into “your” whenever I write it. Now that’s disrespectful. :wink:

I wouldn’t say “you’re” being an anarchist for that reason :slight_smile:

Who is the EFL author - Ur? Maybe we can make an exception there - but we’d have to make sure it was capitalised!

I wouldn’t say “you’re” being an anarchist for that reason :slight_smile:

Who is the EFL author - Ur? Maybe we can make an exception there - but we’d have to make sure it was capitalised![/quote]That’s right, it’s her. I guess if we have to have an autocensor, then making these kinds of sensible exceptions is good. I’ll look on it as change from the inside rather than full-scale revolution! :wink:

[quote=“Goose Egg”]Unfortunately, unless we find a simple solution soon (search www.phpBB.com), we may wait until the upgrade to Olympus for a fix[/quote]What’s the official name for the autocensor so I can have a poke around ? I don’t think it’s called that in phpBB is it ?

I think it’s called the word censor
Thank you, BFM

Is this useful: phpbb.com/community/viewtopi … &p=2086644 ?

That looks like it! :notworthy:

Thank you BFM :notworthy:

I’ve made the changes already - please help me test