Somalia the Failed State (and its pirates)

Oh, better far to live and die
Under the brave black flag I fly,
Than play a sanctimonious part,
With a pirate head and a pirate heart.
Away to the cheating world go you,
Where pirates all are well-to-do;
But I’ll be true to the song I sing,
And live and die a Pirate King.

For I am a Pirate King!
And it is, it is a glorious thing
To be a Pirate King!

For I am a Pirate King?

Letters of Marque would be fucking wicked.
My monkey ass would be out of here so fuckin fast…

Holy smokes. Pirates bagged a fully loaded oil tanker this time.

[quote=“BBC”]A South Korea-operated, Singapore-owned oil tanker has been hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean.
The 300,000-tonne Samho Dream - loaded with crude oil - was on its way from Iraq to the United States with 24 crew when it was seized on Sunday.
South Korea has sent a destroyer already in the area to intercept the tanker before it reaches any port.
Pirates targeting ships off the coast of Somalia made tens of millions of dollars in ransom payments last year.
The hijacking is thought to have taken place about 1,500 km (930 miles) south-east of the Gulf of Aden.[/quote]

[quote=“the chief”]Letters of Marque would be fucking wicked.
My monkey ass would be out of here so fuckin fast…[/quote]
Guess the Chief got his permission to go ahunting pirates.

Western powers should kick some pirate bottom, or it’s going to give the PRC Navy an excuse to extend its influence into an area it usually doesn’t set up laundry shops in.

[quote=“almas john”]
or it’s going to give the PRC Navy an excuse to extend its influence into an area it usually doesn’t set up laundry shops in.[/quote]

So you don’t want China doing its part to fight Somali pirates? Too bad for you I guess.

Because it appears those same western powers very much value and welcome China’s participation in the anti-piracy force.

Dammit, almas! You really should stop hurting the feelings of the 1.3 billion people of China!