Some people really struggle with choice

I miss that too, but found the ones at Arkansas cafe great (really creamy shakes make me cry with joy, that I would order it over beer)

1 Like

Why not make one at home? Not like they are difficult to make.

It’s not another hot pot joint yet

I guess hot pot mist be cheap to start. Personally hate hot pot. I don’t get the appeal whatsoever

I used to hate hot pot … cook my own food??? bland??? not much meat??? It has grown on me though.

1 Like

Hot pot is all you can eat meat…

Not all… not most actually… but yeah some are.

1 Like

Hot pot.

Take a shower put on some clean clothes and then go sit in a hot humid stinky room and bask in front of a big steamy pot of f*** all where everything is absorbed into your clothes and hair and skin and nostrils.

Hot pot hookups should require an alert!

Come as you are from work or gym or long distance marathon or cleaning up the local trash dumpster.

Take a shower and wash your clothes immediately after you leave.

4 Likes

If hot pot were made with REAL BROTH and served with QUALITY INGREDIENTS it could be nice. I had something like that in Guangdong in the 1990s. It was great.

The stuff available now in Taiwan? Powders, industrially made ingredients, low low prices offset by stinky clothes after. . . NO THANK YOU.

Guy

1 Like

The wife’s family all race to point at the one empty spot and tell me to park there. Sometimes I’m literally reversing into it when her dad jumps behind me to tell me there is a spot just behind me. Going to be awkward at CNY when I eventually run him over.

Thank you for saying this!

When my Taiwanese family and friends get excited and say “We’re having hot pot!” that means emptying a packet of store-bought powder into the pot, then dumping in industrially produced fish balls or other questionable ingredients (dried mushrooms, intestines, and cabbage!). I love a good soup, but hot pot doesn’t always live up to its potential.

But I don’t want to make anyone lose face! So I just eat a little cabbage and tofu from the pot and say “wow, thank you!”

2 Likes

I don’t get Taiwanese’s love affair with it either.
In one end and out the other within an hour.
The missus knows not to invite me if possible.

Ditto. I had a brief stint as a dishwasher in an industrial sized hospital kitchen many moons ago. I love bringing up how the dregs off the plates and cooking pots used to look floating in that disgusting sink after an hour. Hot pot looks exactly the same. “Teacher we want to take you to hot pot!!”. Ah, no. Soggy fucking cabbage? How is that even appealing?