Some small items I managed to bring with me

The mustard powder is mostly to enhance the cheese flavour in cheese scones, good strong cheddars expensive here.
Bisto gravy powder contains no meat extracts or meat additives. OXO and Bovril :thinking:

2 Likes

https://shopee.tw/英國-Colman-s-牛頭牌-芥末粉--黃芥末粉-Mustard-Powder-454g-i.124534526.5179813336?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyYKUBhDJARIsAMj9lkFNMZW-3CcawA0smr8PRvUUdgjf-R7E6YZCR-1ZrTVlR47n9UTiI44aArM7EALw_wcB

2 Likes

You don’t really need gravy powder. All you need is beef stock. You can make beef gravy by making roux and add beef powder to that.

I’ve seen that and this:
https://shopee.tw/英國-保衛爾-酵母醬-Bovril-素可食-470g-i.124534526.8751428589

The (BSE) version no beef extract. Very expensive but mustard powder not to bad a price.
Tip; 1 level tsp of Bovril in 400grams of beef mince for making burger’s, brings out a great flavour also some grated carrot for moistness.

Yeah, I did see some OX tail on a market recently, need to go back and get some for soup.

Havent seen beef renditions here much. But te mustard powder and gravy stuff is still easy to find locally. Luckily.

Has taiwan opened up beef imports? More the throw away cuts processed into stuff. I thought they were worried about mad cow and such. ?

1 Like

I got a big container of powdered beef stock at Cook Box, I throw it in various things. Knorr brand

1 Like

Oh cool. I wasnt searching but havent seen such things as beef stock for a while. Guess i need to peel my eyes a bit haha.

Cook Box is worth doing a slow crawl up the aisles from time to time, they get good random stuff. I got my Thai oyster sauce from there, for example

1 Like

Will google what that is for sure!

Is cookbox the grocery store at this link? Looks familiar, think i went to one not far from costco in Aozidi. Yay/nay?

1 Like

Yeah, thats it. I usually go to the Niao Song one because i get stuff from the ceramic etc. shop next door. Some good value at cook box

1 Like

Cheers for the mention man. Will definately go alone one evening next time i am in ktown! Are the 2 stores much different? My wifes mom lives in Aozidi so it is an easy walk if i remember. But mrt and bikes are good in kaohsiung so can scoot around to the other easy enough.

About the same