Someone trying to find out my true identity

Oh, and you’re a stand-up MENSA kind of guy.

I’m my own editor, my little Maggie Thatcher.

And, Maggie, if you don’t believe me, HakkaSonic can vouch that I’m a card-carrying member of MENSA.

I believe the proper response here is: “Whoopdie freakin’ do!”

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“Cold Front”]HakkaSonic –

All I can say is your a hell of a guy.[/quote]

All I can say is you need an editor.[/quote]

Alien, all I can say is you’re a hell of a guy.

:laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, I am lost.
You are in a coffee shop with a friend talking about Forumosa and someone you don’t know leans over and asks if you are HakkaSonic.
My first reaction is, “How is it that out of the hundreds or thousands (maybe) who are Forumosa members could a complete stranger identify your by your handle on the first guess. The chances of this are pretty slim, I’d guess.”
Did you make up this story HakkaSonic to get to another point? If not, how on earth could a stranger peg you like that?

Whoopdie freakin’ do!"

There’s always somebody in the room that doesn’t get the fucking joke.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Sorry, I am lost.
You are in a coffee shop with a friend talking about Forumosa and someone you don’t know leans over and asks if you are HakkaSonic.
My first reaction is, “How is it that out of the hundreds or thousands (maybe) who are Forumosa members could a complete stranger identify your by your handle on the first guess. The chances of this are pretty slim, I’d guess.”
Did you make up this story HakkaSonic to get to another point? If not, how on earth could a stranger peg you like that?[/quote]

Wolfie, it was “a situation.” It was simply meant as the basis for starting a discussion on the issue of revealing Forumosa identities.

Here’s another one: A poster suspects who I am. Perhaps I made some remark that he/she thinks only could have or probably came from me. The next time we might, the person says, “You’re Hakkasonic, right?” Is this a polite thing for the person to do?

Don’t know if such would be polite. But I don’t think it would be impolite.

[quote=“Cold Front”]Whoopdie freakin’ do!"

There’s always somebody in the room that doesn’t get the fucking joke.[/quote]

Duh! You didn’t put a little winky face. It is very important to insert such phatic expressionism via winkies, smilies, rollyeyes, and weepies, etc, in computer mediated communities. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would not ask anyone what his/her on-line moniker is. I regard that as an invasion of privacy. I do not mind letting people know who I am in “real life” and would gladly let someone know that I am Durins Bane if they told me their on-line identity.

I dunno, Alien. It’s kind of having a laugh track. The comedy can come to depend on it.

Sorry, my mistake.
:sunglasses:

You mean your name isn’t HakkaSonic?

And he’s probably not even Hakka.

Just because you and Alien use your real names does not mean that everyone else does. Anyway, I was going to use brianlkennedy, but it was already taken.

What is the definition of “decent” that you two are throwing around? Then what by your standards is someone who seems not decent/indecent?

To give one example, if the person was wearing a hat similar to the one on your avatar, there’s no way I’d reveal my identity.

What is the definition of “decent” that you two are throwing around? Then what by your standards is someone who seems not decent/indecent?[/quote]

“Decent” to me means not sitting around with one’s tongue hanging out. :laughing:

X3M (to his firend): So I posted a hilarious reply.
A (breaking into the conversation): Are you X3M?
X3M (to A): Why do you ask? Who are you?
A: I am XXX.
X3M: OK, bye now or Hey, why don’t you sit down and have a coffe/beer?