Someone trying to find out my true identity

Yes, I feel this way, too. Who is going to hold our hands?[/quote]

I’ll do it if Ironlady takes me. She’s my hero! :smiley:

Sorry to be picky, but isn’t “she” a heroine? Granted it’s an unfortunate word.

OK, you’re on. :laughing: But you gotta wash yer paws first, OK?

Dammit, Alien! Now I’ve got that song stuck in my head!

HakkaSonic, you probably shouldn’t worry too much about being recognized. I’ve noticed that a lot of Forumosans do a double take when being introduced to me, as if they never would have put my screen name with my face. Don’t I look cranky enough? :?

Some do, some don’t. Some sit in the corner glumly and anonymously and try to figure out who is who because they’re so shy, while others congregate and exchange business cards and back slaps. And you should see the sort of behaviour from Blueface and Wolf! :unamused:[/quote]
I plan on just telling everyone that I am BlueUlyssess. I suppose I’ll have to shave, though. Or wear a Hello Kitty mask all the time.

[quote=“Toe Save”][quote=“Cold Front”]
Here, as far as I’m concerned, the only qualities that really matter are the strength of your writing and the power of your arguments.[/quote]

What about the ability to pun? The pun is mightier than the sword, afterall…[/quote]

I forgot to mention the importance of humor. Laughter and arguments are what it should be all about.

[quote=“Cold Front”]Whoopdie freakin’ do!"

There’s always somebody in the room that doesn’t get the fucking joke.[/quote]

Oh, I got the fucking joke, you arrogant twit. I just didn’t think it was that funny.

You later wrote: “Laughter and arguments are what it should be all about.” You aren’t to broad-minded in your acceptance of various forms of humor, are you? What, nobody can join in the fun without your permission?

I couldn’t give a shit what you think, but I do find your arrogance quite something to behold.

[quote=“Tomas”][quote=“Cold Front”]Whoopdie freakin’ do!"

There’s always somebody in the room that doesn’t get the fucking joke.[/quote]

Oh, I got the fucking joke, you arrogant twit. I just didn’t think it was that funny.

You later wrote: “Laughter and arguments are what it should be all about.” You aren’t to broad-minded in your acceptance of various forms of humor, are you? What, nobody can join in the fun without your permission?

I couldn’t give a shit what you think, but I do find your arrogance quite something to behold.[/quote]

Oh, I don’t think you did get the joke, dickhead, but it’s enjoyable watching you pretend otherwise.

And it’s “You aren’t too broad-minded…”

Tomas and Cold Front,

Calm down guys!

Cold Front, Tomas is a nice guy. No doubt he is put off by your initial style… I don’t mind it, but that’s partly because I agree with much of what you write… but you are (or were initially) pretty balls-to-the-wall, and that often puts some people off…

Tomas, if you look at Cold Front’s recent posts, you will note, I think, that he has mellowed some and is quite capable of civil discourse, even with his ideological opposites (such as Alien). When I first started posting here, I had quite a few people pisssed at me too… Alien was kind enough to clue me in on the intracacies of cyber communication and I think I have been able to adapt well… (at least I think so… perhaps some people still think I’m a dickhead :blush: )

Anyway, let’s all tone it down a bit.

Well, fine, I’ll let bygones be bygones.

That’s the spirit!

But don’t ease up in your arguments… those are great!

Yes, I can picture you now in your boxers and singlet with your stack of tomes, cup of coffee sloshing over the keyboard, smirk, and deviant gleam in your eye.

Don’t forget the cute little ‘emoteeCONS’ on the left, Clod.
Oops, typo, I meant Cold. :wink:

My little Maggie T. –

Reading your posts in the morning always cheers me up.

Oh, and before I forget: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“tigerman”]Tomas and Cold Front,

Calm down guys!

Cold Front, Tomas is a nice guy. No doubt he is put off by your initial style… I don’t mind it, but that’s partly because I agree with much of what you write… but you are (or were initially) pretty balls-to-the-wall, and that often puts some people off…

Tomas, if you look at Cold Front’s recent posts, you will note, I think, that he has mellowed some and is quite capable of civil discourse, even with his ideological opposites (such as Alien). When I first started posting here, I had quite a few people pisssed at me too… Alien was kind enough to clue me in on the intracacies of cyber communication and I think I have been able to adapt well… (at least I think so… perhaps some people still think I’m a dickhead :blush: )

Anyway, let’s all tone it down a bit.[/quote]

I’m not interested in his posts. This guy is a coward and a loudmouth, and you’ve always been a stand-up gentleman in my book. I was quite suprised that an innocent joke would turn into an opportunity for this guy to toss out an insult. He doesn’t scare me in the least; he just pisses me off, as do all of the Internet Cowboys out there who hide behind their aliases, taking online potshots at people they’d never dare face in person. Small cock syndrome or something akin to it.

Having said that, I’m not too interested in exchanging insults with someone I consider to be both boring and childish, so I’m done here on this rather silly thread. He can call me what he wants here, which is something he’d never do to my face.

Tomas and Cold Front, you guys are perfect examples of why preserving your anonymity is so important. Starbucks would be totally destroyed if you two happen to be there at the same time and realise who you were.

This from another forumosan in anoher thread:

I read that some coffee shops are starting to introduce w-fi access so
that folks like you can argue online without realising that you are within striking distance of each other - until one of you happens to notice the other’s screen of course. Ouch.

Tomas –

PM on the way.

[quote=“Cold Front”]Tomas –

PM on the way.[/quote]

Swords, pistols, or boxing-gloves? :smiley:

Very Vulcan of you.

[quote=“tigerman”]Tomas and Cold Front,

Calm down guys!

Anyway, let’s all tone it down a bit.[/quote]

It’s all about the company you keep…you support dickheads you get lumped in with them

Dammit, Alien! Now I’ve got that song stuck in my head!

HakkaSonic, you probably shouldn’t worry too much about being recognized. I’ve noticed that a lot of Forumosans do a double take when being introduced to me, as if they never would have put my screen name with my face. Don’t I look cranky enough? :?[/quote]

Cranky, you are the only person I know well here (that I am aware of) and I only know that because I once worked with you. And you do NOT look Cranky. I suggest you change your name to PerplexedLaowai, because that’s how you looked when we were hunting for places to eat and you suddenly cut off the discussion mid-sentence (happens several times per hous) to ponder some street sign yonder.