Something to ponder come next Tues

OK, so I clearly don’t understand the point of your post.

I think America is moving out of the racially divisive/divided era. It doesn’t matter to me what colour Obama is. So what are you trying to tell me that we have to argue about?

What is your point?

[quote=“Loretta”]OK, so I clearly don’t understand the point of your post.

I think America is moving out of the racially divisive/divided era. It doesn’t matter to me what colour Obama is. So what are you trying to tell me that we have to argue about?

What is your point?[/quote]

I think she is saying that black people still only have the rights that white people allow them to have.
OR she is saying that integration has taken place but white people need to stop pointing out what colour she is.

One of many explanations as to why the ‘race card’ just ain’t what its all about re:Obama.

Senator Obama It Is Not Because You Are Black

And by the way…The 0’s mother was white.

This is all about race, sadly, and fear. For starters, do you believe the crap the Repubs are trying to stick Obama with about being linked to terrorists would fly if he was a good old boy?

HG

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]One of many explanations as to why the ‘race card’ just ain’t what its all about re:Obama.

Senator Obama It Is Not Because You Are Black[/quote]
Whoooo! :loco: Wow, I’ve never seen such a compact compilation of lunacy and lies and paranoia in my life!

“Senator Obama, it’s not because you are black, it’s because you think you are the new Messiah”? :loco: :roflmao:

TC, please tell me you don’t actually take stock in what this guy is saying in the video.

:loco: :loco: :loco:

“Sooner or later, people are going to figure out if all you run is negative attack ads, you don’t have much of a vision for the future” - John McCain

Can’t wait for Wednesday. This shit is boring.

[quote=“mike_rophonechecker”][quote=“Loretta”]OK, so I clearly don’t understand the point of your post.

What is your point?[/quote]

I think she is saying that black people still only have the rights that white people allow them to have.
OR she is saying that integration has taken place but white people need to stop pointing out what colour she is.[/quote]

I’m not saying either. What I found in ImaniOU’s post/rant is that come Tues whatever the election outcome is, hopefully the diologue will be about something other than race. But race has been a huge factor in this election, which the Obama camp has successfully and mindfully worked on making sure that it doesn’t stay at the forefront of people’s minds.

Yet,some will argue that if Obama losses it’s because of the “Bradley Effect” or if Obama wins it could be we are moving out of race, but really what’s so special about doing something that could have already been done? [quote]It’s like treating someone special because you know they couldn’t do it like the “normal” people could. [/quote]

How in the heck did you come to that conclusion Mike?

What makes you think that it’s going to get better on Wednesday. Oh the shit may really hit the fan then :laughing:

Being elected president isn’t the same as becoming an astronaut. You have to be elected by the whole country. I’m going to assume here, hopefully, that he’ll win. That he’s black does mean something, that the majority of the people in the country did not see his race as an obstacle. Should it have happened earlier? Maybe, but he is the first black person to even be in serious contention. Even if he loses he’ll surely have made a good showing. Again that it is happening now does mean something. I don’t see that pointing out that he’d be the first black president denigrates him. Once he is president I’m sure he hopes to be judged purely on his performance, much like Imaniou hoped would be the case for richard pryor. i hope so too, and that we move towards a day when it’s just not an issue at all.

[quote=“Namahottie”]

How in the heck did you come to that conclusion Mike?[/quote]

I never wrote that dear lady. And I think my second stab/ guess is in agreement with what you say. Integration means Obama is on the cusp of winning, just don’t point out his colour.

[quote=“mike_rophonechecker”][quote=“Namahottie”]

How in the heck did you come to that conclusion Mike?[/quote]

I never wrote that dear lady. And I think my second stab/ guess is in agreement with what you say. Integration means Obama is on the cusp of winning, just don’t point out his colour.[/quote]

[quote]
OR she is saying that integration has taken place but white people need to stop pointing out what colour she is.[/quote]

No you wrote this…And I was asking how in the heck did you come to this conclusion… :loco:

Some would argue that Shirley Chisolm was the first serious contention given she won over a 152 first ballot votes at the DNC in 1972. Then after that Jessie Jackson could be also be considered since he finished a strong second to Mondale in 1988 earning 1075 deglates.
Obama is just the first to get to the finish line…And pointing out that him being the first black president doesn’t denigrate him…