Son of a bitch hit me with his taxi door

why do I keep getting hit by fuckin taxi doors.

Next I see you, Mr. 983-LG, I am going to hit you with…something.

Seeing my calf dent in like that is just yucky.
Are muscles usually okay after they’re dent in and kind of pop back to its normalish state with a huge bruise?

Now I’m out of commision.

Fuckin cabbies.

Aiyo. Grr. Y’alright?

If you drink lots of whiskey and have an accident like that you won’t feel a thing.
Until the next morning, of course.

Did you call the police to report it? How about the city government? You should lodge a complaint. Seriously. Did he hit and run? What happened? Do you want us to sic Monster on him, or what?

He seemed semi-adequately sorry, so I let him go after he drove me and my bike home.

It’s late and I didn’t want to run to the station and jump through any hoops. Can’t, me leg’s bruised.

I’m just whining on forumosa cause…I can!

I want to hit him in the calf with a taxi door, that’s what.

I’m still writing his number down.

Was it one of those automatic taxi doors?

Track him down and set a booby trap so when he walks out of his house a taxi door will fall on his head. Also video tape and post to youtube.

Next time, hit him with the door of your bike. That’ll teach him.

Automatic taxi doors are something you don’t have in Taiwan - nearest place is Hong Kong.

it sounds horrible lupillus, however at least you are not seriously hurt, and that’s good news.

Get better lupillus :flowers:

Ha!

Glad you’re ok, lupilulliloli.

[quote=“lupillus”]why do I keep getting hit by fuckin taxi doors.

Next I see you, Mr. 983-LG, I am going to hit you with…something.

Seeing my calf dent in like that is just yucky.
Are muscles usually okay after they’re dent in and kind of pop back to its normalish state with a huge bruise?

Now I’m out of commision.

Fuckin cabbies.[/quote]Nasty. Hope you get better soon. Do you have any arnica ointment, or witch hazel? They’re quite good for bruises I think.

I was once getting out of a cab at the Geneva train station and caused a cyclist to wipe out. He started screaming at me, but I kept being friendly and helpful until he STFU. I did point out at the end that it’s best not to pass cabs on the right-hand side that are stopped in designated drop-off zones.

Did he really think the cab was stopping there for the heck of it? That I was going to get out of the far side of the cab away from the station? That the 30 or so centimeters between the cab and curb was enough to get through? We’ll never know.

Maybe you’re just unlucky or perhaps you’re not picking up on the subtle cues of cab behavior. Random House is working on a field observation guide for cabs that should be published in 2008 that might help. From a scholarly article in the 1990s written by the same author who is working on the book, I can tell you that the yellow ones are far more aggressive than the red, green or black varieties. If you see racing stripes, extra-fancy lights or airfoils on the back, it is a sign of aggression and it is wise to back away.

1. Track him down.
  2. Go out into the country and find a calf. Preferably a small one you can pick up.
  3. Throw the calf at his cab door.

That’ll teach him. Eye for an eye etc…

Line of five or six cabs, parked by the road at night with their engines off…

I’d like to have backed away, but between a car on the left and a parked cab on the right there isn’t much space.

Anyway, just glad I was going pretty slow since it was on the way home. Probably would have broke something if I were on the scooter instead.

Now everyone I see’s going to be like, ew. why’ve you got a nasty bruise. hooray.

huh? Real men don’t use ointments. I’m just gonna slap some…um…lard on it. ya.

[quote=“truant”]1. Track him down.
2. Go out into the country and find a calf. Preferably a small one you can pick up.
3. Throw the calf at his cab door.

That’ll teach him. Eye for an eye etc…[/quote]

Good idea! I’m gonna throw you at a cab the next time I see you.

huh? Real men don’t use ointments. I’m just gonna slap some…um…lard on it. ya.[/quote]You could try slathering goose grease all over. That would also come in handy if you wanted to do any long ocean swims.

huh? Real men don’t use ointments. I’m just gonna slap some…um…lard on it. ya.[/quote]You could try slathering goose grease all over. That would also come in handy if you wanted to do any long ocean swims.[/quote]

mmm yum. Makes me hungry!

What? Were you, like, on a bicycle or something? Why weren’t you on the pavement like a normal person?!