Song driving me insane: Woman/Techno/La da da di

There’s a song that I’ve been hearing here and there (on TV, internet, even some of my kids have been humming it) but I can’t find out the name of the song or artist.

It’s a mellow techno song, with a woman singing:

La da da di… La da da DA… La da da di… La da da DA DA…
:blush:

Sorry it’s not much to go on. And please don’t flame me unless there’s a better place to post this. I’ve already looked on “What’s the Name of That Song?”

So please please please, if you know it, let me know.
:thanks:

Oh, you mean the high school love song? With a whole medley of 'boo pa boo pa ray’s? I think some recent CGI film had birds dancing to this song in the trailers on TV.

Or something.

Embarrsing reply following:

Mai-A-Hi

My girlfriend asked me to download it for her (honest)
I don’t remember the artist. I think there a a few different versions out there

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei

Based off the replies you been getting… but it’s not a woman singing it tho?

Maia hee
Maia huu
Maia har
Maia ha ha?

It was in the Chicken Little movie

Does it follow with…something like: “its going to be fine night to night…its going to be a nice night tonight…la da da da di da di da…la da da da di da da…” etc.?

If so I know who it is :slight_smile: DJ Sammy “Fine Night” also done by DJ Tiesto

There’s actually a whole Wikipedia article on the Numa Numa dance - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numa_Numa
I figured it was just a matter of time until some local singer coopted it. Kinda surprised no one’s done “Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil.” Either that or they have and I just haven’t been paying attention…

It’s “不怕不怕啦 bu pa bu pa la”, meaning “I am not afraid, not afraid any more”. Something about not being afraid of cockroaches etc. “看見蟑螂,我就不怕啦 Kan jian zhanglang, wo jiu bu pa la…” (La = le + a). The Chinese title of this song is “不怕不怕 Bu pa bu pa”.

MAI-A-HEE MAI-A-HU
MAI-A-HO MAI-A-HA-HA
MAI-A-HEE MAI-A-HU
MAI-A-HO MAI-A-HA-HA
HELLO !看我!你在害怕什麼?
是我錯,沒能夠啊

[quote=“Punx”]O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei

Based off the replies you been getting… but it’s not a woman singing it tho?

Maia hee
Maia huu
Maia har
Maia ha ha?

It was in the Chicken Little movie[/quote]

The Ma Ia Hee part sounds a lot like a woman, the rest is by guys. In Portugese I think.

I thought it was a mandarin song, but I guess not.
I’ve also seen it called Numa Numa. Not sure which is the “official” name.

Thanks to everyone for the replies! :notworthy:

Does anyone know if the Ma Ia Hee part is a sample from a different song? :blush:

Or who the local singer is who co-opted it, with song name?

That song “Fine Night” was originally written by Opus III way before DJ Sammy et al. raped it. WAY better version done by Opus III.

Thanks again to everyone for clearing that up for me. I knew you guys could do it.
:yay:

What a far cry from the original lyrics. Guess I shouldn

The beat to this song is certainly catchy, but Christ, have you seen the video? That girl is SKINNY. Look at those arms. She makes Cyndi 王心陵 look fat.

“For just 60 cents a day, you too can feed a starving Taiwanese singer. Your contribution really makes a difference.”