South Africa fish house

We just went here for lunch and thought it was real good. We ordered the fish’n chips and deep fried chicken strips off the lunch menu which included salad, soup and drink for 230NT+service charge. Both were excellent. Alot of new spices that we never tasted before and other food I saw looked interesting.
Highly reccommend this place.
Fish’n chips was much better than the newly opened British shop closeby(forgot the name)

I walked by there after eating at that other place last Friday. Was wondering if it was any good.
I like the fish and chips at the Tavern and the new place and now there’s another one. Xinyi is turning into fish and chips street.

Got hit with a service charge, eh?

No reason to tolerate paying that.

i thought pretty much every ‘service’ related establishment had such a fee

I saw this this South African restaurant at the intersection of Xin-Yi Rd and Kuang-Fu South Rd, opposite 3c computer store…

Are we talking abt the same restaurant?
If it is… looks pretty quiet from outside whenever I walk past :noway:

Thats it.

I was walking home from Gold’s gym. Passing by the closed Mickie D’s, around 11–am I ever going to be a vegan again–I walked pass this place. I’ve always wanted to try; I live so close. I walked passed, all of a sudden, I had to turn around. Something was calling.

I sit down and chat up with one of the guys outside. Ah, “you still serve food?” “Yes we do.” :slight_smile:

I wonder, what’s good? The Fish n’ Chips; it’s very special.

Deep Fried South Africa Parrot Fish with Mrs. Balls Sauce. Oh My God. Who would have ever thought? I’m in love with someone named Mrs. Balls.

The best fish 'n chips I have ever had.

My mom and dad’s fish 'n chips was never this good: crisp to a T, an unbelievable chutney, a South African fruit? Wonderful potato wedges; and the salad: apples and carrots in a spicy vinegarette.

Best of all? After 10pm, whatever you pay, you get the same amount in drinks, for free. Yes, for free.

Amazing.

“Parrot Fish”

Never eaten one. Seen lots in Asia though.

But sounds fantastic. Should give it a try, soon.

Thnaks

A

I’d never heard of this place before, but recently went there with a few other Forumosans.
(joesax, lupillus, Sinister Tiddlywinks, someone else?)
Anyways, the food was absolutely great.
A set meal for 2 cost us 1100 (+10%, arrrrrg) and fed my date and I to the brim.
It included 5 or 6 dishes and desert and tea and each one was fresh, unique tasting and plentiful.
I’m glad I went there, and I’ll be back.

[quote=“Josefus”]I’d never heard of this place before, but recently went there with a few other Forumosans.
(joesax, lupillus, Sinister Tiddlywinks, someone else?)
Anyways, the food was absolutely great.
A set meal for 2 cost us 1100 (+10%, arrrrrg) and fed my date and I to the brim.
It included 5 or 6 dishes and desert and tea and each one was fresh, unique tasting and plentiful.
I’m glad I went there, and I’ll be back.[/quote]It was good, wasn’t it?

How long was it before your next meal after that ample repast? :wink:

The food was all good. The fish on the set menu isn’t the fish ‘n’ chip type fish, but it’s still very nice and comes with mashed potatoes and a couple of other veges. Next time I think just one main dish plus one side or a dessert would be fine for me. The set menus are really a lot of food.

A couple of minor points; nothing out of the ordinary but worth mentioning anyway:

The staff don’t all know what’s in the cocktails, and the menu doesn’t say either. In fact the menu overall could be more descriptive.

And the service wasn’t brilliant. The staff were friendly but the waitress took a while to find out that some of the set meal dishes weren’t included, and wasn’t very clear on what other options they could offer. Also, they accidentally overcharged us. But the food came quickly enough once ordered, and there are very few places in Taiwan that don’t have these kinds of service issues from time to time.