South African riots

Looting going on in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa… :open_mouth:

Imagine not being armed there:

And of course, disarming the population is a major policy of the current government.

fixed

2 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to Alleycat? Is he back there? Is he somewhere else safe?

As always the poor who don’t loot get shafted.

I found this thread to be informative.

3 Likes

Yeah, I read that. Was going to put it up, but then forgot.

casually glanced at this news a few days ago and honesty I didn’t look deeper into it because I figured it was “just some riots” like we’ve seen pop up pretty much everywhere around the world recently.

On second look - this is massive. It’s totally out of control. Just ordinary people swarming buildings, jamming roads like it’s something out of Deep Impact.

I wonder what the numbers are? I heard SA deployed 2,500 police but there’s like 500,000 (or a million???) looters. The president is saying there’s even going to be food and medicine shortages due to the looting. Supposedly thousands have been arrested but how long will this continue?

South Africa has 9 provinces, this mainly happened in two provinces, Kwazulu-Natal and Gauteng. Whatever these people had planned, and make no mistake it was planned, did not work. The majority of South Africans will not stand for this and when push comes to shove they will defend their property and their families. Never underestimate the spirit of ubuntu in my country. As far as the people of South Africa are concerned, they will pick up the rubbish, rebuild and move on.

1 Like

Samsung has developed a remote disable for the stolen TVs :tv: