Souvenir dinner bells

Yes, those old fashioned things. It is for a dear friend. Yes, it has to be Taiwan related. Yes, I already searched the internet. No, not Thailand, yes, I saw those thanks, and Singapore too. Taiwan. I’d settle for ROC since they are such old fashioned things. Yes, I went to the museums. Event the National Palace Museum at they laughed at the idea. Even they said it was too old fashioned for them.

Did you already check the National Cultural and Creative Gift Center on Zhongshan S Road, next to (just north of) NTUH (New Building). It’s near (behind) BOCA. Head up to the 2nd floor

Or you could look for something like this on Etsy

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think this item may be sold out, at least for now:

https://www.pcstore.com.tw/twgiftshop/M24980440.htm

It looks like the seller has a physical address and a phone number, but they seem to say that their business hours are not fixed:

2 Likes

Man that’s it. I didn’t think it even existed. Thanks.

3 Likes

That’s been closed for years. Kaput.

The heir National Culture Creative Center now is close to the Botanical gardens and sells only original cool stuff. No oldies.

1 Like

Did it close during Covid? I recall buying stuff there in 2019 around this time of year

2 Likes

It’s no more, sadly. Pandemic casualty

3 Likes

You’re welcome! And I hope you’re able to get your gift bell for your friend!

1 Like

Fwiw, I found these dinner bells in a shop on Taiyuan St behind Taipei Main Station over the weekend

2 Likes

Yep. Sold out. They had bunches of cute stuff and there’s a sale on t-shirts if anyone needs them.

I was hoping that they would get restocked. Sorry I didn’t help.

It’s OK. You found it. It might get restocked when tourism picks up. Thank you.

1 Like

I hope it gets restocked. I took another look around the 'net, but I didn’t find anything. But I can’t help but wonder whether a similar kind of bell is out there somewhere.

You’re welcome!