SPAM: Plz help me to understand my gf :(

Someone’s just having some fun I think

2 Likes

No potential scam angle that I’m missing? It’s an odd choice for how to have fun.

Then again, as forumosa reminds me again and again, it’s a much odder world than I used to think.

6 Likes

This is where things started to go south. Everything that happened after this is on you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, it’s 剪刀、石頭、布.

2 Likes

Yeah even more backwards in Chinese.

1 Like

Rolls off the tongue easier that way?

Perhaps some sad, ousted poster finding amusement from trolling the flob? Glad i didnt bother to read it all!

1 Like

In English the kids in Taiwan say paper scissors stone.

In Canada, where we are correct, it’s Rock Paper Scissors.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the game played in English in Taiwan. One of the benefits of not being an English teacher? :sweat_smile:

Absolutely. In the small stint I did, the kids and administration insisted this was the way to do it.

I pulled out Dragon Ball Z to prove them wrong.

1 Like

Thank heaven for small mercies… :slightly_smiling_face:

Paypa>shisha>sto!

5 Likes

My lack of exposure to this stuff is probably one of the reasons I’ve been able to stay in Taiwan so long.

I find it magical. I tell a group of four or five students to do scissors-paper-stone to figure out who goes first. A bizarre incantation ensues. The dark arts done, a winner (loser?) emerges from the mist, and a crow caws overhead.

I continue to have no idea how this works in a group.

7 Likes

We must be wired differently. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for posting dude…This is quality content I enjoyed reading this.

2 Likes

The order isn’t even a direct translation from Chinese… 剪刀石頭布 (scissors, stone, paper)

There was probably one weirdo foreigner that came here to teach English 40 years ago and taught a whole generation of Taiwanese wrong and it just got passed down

4 Likes

Is this a confession? :thinking:

3 Likes

40 years ago my mom was 12, so…

2 Likes