Spammers on Forumosa

Twot
J-boi

Oh, no problem at all, even if the spammer is not located in Belgium.
Nuke them and another thread will be partely solved also (Muslims taking over EU)

I just hope that no one is so un-clever to click on one of those links. :noway:

I was un-clever once :blush: , but an XP system restore was enough to get rid of that trojan.

disable posting of links until probationary period?

There may be workarounds, such as simply posting unlinked URLs. But it seems like a start.

spammer: Erhaup58

Got it, thanks! The ones that only have one post are hard to spot.

[quote=“MC”]I’ve been brainstorming a bit about how to stop the flood of spam as of late, and came up with two more feasible idea’s:

-Restrict posting rights of new users so they can only post in temp forum until some conditions, like post count or minimum amount of time registered ,are met and the new user can then request a mod for granting him/her posting privileges to the rest of the forum.[/quote]
Not a good idea me thinks because topics in the temp forum are somewhat “limited” and if people need to ask a question to a specific topic they should be in the correct subforum, not the temp forum. Similar with the time limit - if I want to post a question that I have on my mind right now I would not want to wait until someone gives me eventually posting rights after x days.

Possible but it may turn away many (nice) people that also use a freemail accounts.

I think it’s however possible to apply a forum-wide flood control, i.e. one user has to wait a certain time (e.g. 30 seconds) before he/she can make the next post. Wouldn’t stop the spammers but perhaps make it more frustrating for them to post several threads/posts, and prevent bots from flooding the forums.

new one: Nightingale

[quote=“Rascal”]I think it’s however possible to apply a forum-wide flood control, i.e. one user has to wait a certain time (e.g. 30 seconds) before he/she can make the next post. Wouldn’t stop the spammers but perhaps make it more frustrating for them to post several threads/posts, and prevent bots from flooding the forums.[/quote]I would go for something like that.
Or this:
phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=503526
That mod probably isn’t mature, but maybe there’s something else similar.

But it says new users must answer a question which requires ‘rational thought’.

Yeah, half our posters wouldn’t be here, huh? :laughing:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … c&&start=0

This thread has one more spam post from Twot on the last page that didn’t get purged yet. Can someone zap that, stat?

[quote=“superemma”]http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=57341&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

This thread has one more spam post from Twot on the last page that didn’t get purged yet. Can someone zap that, stat?[/quote]
Got it thanks.

In the future though folks DO NOT QUOTE/RESPOND TO THE SPAM. It just mean we have more posts with the link in it to kill.

And the rest.

Yeah. In fact, don’t hit the SQUEAL either – [color=blue]please just post the spammer’s username here[/color]; that way Maoman doesn’t need to go through the list of squeals (which apparently appear as posts to him) and delete those. I think we can do this most efficiently this way. :sunglasses:

Sounds good to me, and also explains why posting them here takes care of things a lot faster than squealing. That’s what I’ll be doing in the future.

Terhatard33 another bot in Teaching English in Taiwan

Terhatard33 is all over the show

Oy vey, this is annoying. I suggest that you completely shut down all new user sign-ups until you can figure out a solution.

and now bitch-tits…

edit: that sounds like me introducing a terrible juggler or something on stage