Spammers on Forumosa

Bitch-tits

I second that motion.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Bitch-tits[/quote]Yes ?

Nuttin’ honey.

Reluctantly, I third the motion. Simply have f.com up on the screen in the office is a problem with the hourly barrage of NSFW posts.

The bitchtits and terhatard33s are gone, but if I missed any of the 41 posts, let us know it here and we can then take care of the stragglers.

jdsundancekid

[quote=“jdsmith”]The bitchtits and terhatard33s are gone, but if I missed any of the 41 posts, let us know it here and we can then take care of the stragglers.

jdsundancekid[/quote]If you look at their profile (link just below their post) there is a link to “find all posts by xxx”, you should be able to find any stragglers there.

next up we have Edterted8

Gone.

Lindo

Already on it. Thanks.

Forumosa is getting more like my inbox every day! :unamused:

What? This isn’t my inbox??

Is forumosa running the latest version of phpBB? Did a recent modification have some security issue?

[/weak attempt at being helpful]

Hm yeah good points my bad, I was tired while posting that :blush:. But the website can still be brought down which will cost the spammer time and money to relocate to a new host. Anyway did anyone report it yet?

Oh, no problem at all, even if the spammer is not located in Belgium.
Nuke them and another thread will be partely solved also (Muslims taking over EU)

I just hope that no one is so un-clever to click on one of those links. :noway:

I was un-clever once :blush: , but an XP system restore was enough to get rid of that trojan.[/quote]

In this case your safe as long you don’t download and execute the file. But there are plenty of other malicious sites out there which can be fatal just by visiting through exploiting some security hole in your browser, activeX, javascript ect. The the jerk who currently is spamming f.com relies social engineering to manipulate the victim, into installing a trojan to let him in, so he doesn’t need to go looking for any weaknesses in software. Software can be patched, but patching human behavior is a lot harder.

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“MC”]I’ve been brainstorming a bit about how to stop the flood of spam as of late, and came up with two more feasible idea’s:

-Restrict posting rights of new users so they can only post in temp forum until some conditions, like post count or minimum amount of time registered ,are met and the new user can then request a mod for granting him/her posting privileges to the rest of the forum.[/quote]
Not a good idea me thinks because topics in the temp forum are somewhat “limited” and if people need to ask a question to a specific topic they should be in the correct subforum, not the temp forum. Similar with the time limit - if I want to post a question that I have on my mind right now I would not want to wait until someone gives me eventually posting rights after x days.

Possible but it may turn away many (nice) people that also use a freemail accounts.

I think it’s however possible to apply a forum-wide flood control, i.e. one user has to wait a certain time (e.g. 30 seconds) before he/she can make the next post. Wouldn’t stop the spammers but perhaps make it more frustrating for them to post several threads/posts, and prevent bots from flooding the forums.[/quote]

When a mod sees a new user posting a serious thread in the temp forum the mod can move the topic to the appropriate subforum and give the new user some rights.

Everyone should have a mail account from their ISP or maybe from work. I just made that suggestion as sign up authentication, once you’ve signed up you can always change your mail into a freemail account.

Since every user can be a potential spammer it’s a matter of give and take. Every anti-spam measure will have it’s price just depends on what you want to pay for it.

Agarhamhotmal

Dicktentererad4

R86

This is ridiculous.
Playing “who’s first” to post on the latest quake is one thing. I mean, if you can get the post up while the building’s still swaying, that’s pretty cool. But ‘Catch the Spam’?

This guy’s pretty active. 24 posts in a matter of minutes. And no-one can stop him except admin. Can’t some mods be given powers to stop this? Surely there’s a way, isn’t there?

Edit: Oh, apparently some mods do. Good job. :bravo:

51218 now.

This guy’s really active. He must be stopped once and for all.