Speaker of the US House of Representatives Visit to Taiwan

I’d say tweaking their nose on a regular basis reminds them of the U.S. position. Otherwise they may get ideas like Putin did.

2 Likes

Unless she’s going to pilot a B-2 over here, Nancy Pelosi reminds them of nothing they don’t know. Maybe tweaking their nose will make them get ideas like Putin did.

Maybe because that’s a common sense diplomatic strategy in the form of “let’s maybe not start a war by pissing people off”

I think it’s a signal to the world that they can follow and not be scared by the CCP bullying. We are seeing more and more places step up. Is this not what the US is positioned as? As the world leader?

2 Likes

Pelosi just got COVID, Tsai is also being placed in a quarantine. I wonder if the trip is still on…

The ambiguous foreign policies towards Taiwan of the last 2-3 decades have not worked. China is not liberalizing and it’s clear they will never let Taiwan be. Formalizing political ties and offering a firm stance on military support is the way forward. Are there risk? Sure, but I see a bigger risk in just staying on the same path. Both Trump and Biden have been moving in the right direction.

Countries that the US and their allies back do not often get invaded, we know this.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s a just a pity he is too cognitively impaired to manage his own words.

1 Like

High key hilarious she is positive. I knew she would test positive before or after getting here. I thought she would at least get here first then test though. Looks like she didn’t make it that far.