Spies in Taiwan 🕵

Anyone noticed an influx of certain types of people from a variety of western countries, also some from China, in the last few years?

Officially declared types yes but also more of the undeclared or unofficial types you might bump into a random places like social events, bars, clubs, introductions from acquaintance, etc.

USA, Israel, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Japan… Some of the same countries that are making themselves visible by sailing ships around the Taiwan Strait, making public statements in support of Taiwan, etc. are of course doing the invisible part in conjunction.

was it my name that gave me away?

1 Like

You just gave it away wow now we know.

Double O 8.

is it double bluff, or just a reference to my IQ

I thought you were monkey smiling twice.

Screenshot_20210930-160727_Chrome

3 Likes

or got a big nose (looks shocked)

1 Like

describe, please?
why are they specially noticeable apart from an average foreigner?
(whatever one of those looks like :man_shrugging:)

Tinder is full of chinese spies.

Bears love honey and I’m a Pooh Bear, so I swipe there, there, and there, there!

[To the old Disney melody: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Rumbly in my Tumbly (lyrics) - YouTube]

:sideeye:

1 Like

Are you visiting Ximending’s “red house” neighborhood perchance?

Yes a lot of closeted and reclusive types around there…maybe you should go for further investigation

It’s non-linear, I’ll grant you that. I’m playing to the idea that the ladies Mr Why refers to are all Honey Traps.

Nevermind, I’ll go back to quietly spying on all of you.

Oh yes. I thought I was the only one. They all work in English schools and if given half a chance they will bore you with their tales of heroism.

I’ve seen increasingly fewer foreigners here. Cuz they can’t get in. Most of the ones I know either extended their tourist visa indefinitely starting in March 2020 and are just chilling, or already have an ARC doing some combo of teaching and online/remote work + what they love. Certainly no governemnt spy is going to be here on an indefinitely-extended tourist visa, that would make things difficult for everyone.

And I don’t really know what data foreign governments are going to gather from boots on the ground that can’t be uncovered through the internet. This isn’t Afghanistan.

1 Like