**Spoilers** World Cup Results 2010 Discussion Thread

Good, let them feel better till they draw against Algeria than… :smiley:

Wait until it starts snowing… First world cup to ever snow. :discodance: :roflmao:[/quote]
In South Africa? No chance at any of those venues.

Weren’t a few of the brazilians wearing gloves yesterday?

Wait until it starts snowing… First world cup to ever snow. :discodance: :roflmao:[/quote]
In South Africa? No chance at any of those venues.[/quote]

Watch the news. They are predicting minus degree temperatures. :smiley:

[quote]Fans have been warned to expect SNOW when England plays in Cape Town on Friday.

Forecasters issued a severe weather warning yesterday for strong winds and torrential downpours.

They predicted snow will fall on high ground by the end of the week.

Rian Smit, of the South African Weather Service, said: “It does snow here at this time of year and can get pretty cold.”

[/quote]
mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wo … 67443.html

weathersa.co.za/web/

allvoices.com/contributed-ne … d-cup-snow

They were wearing bed covers.

In South Africa? No chance at any of those venues.[/quote]

Watch the news. They are predicting minus degree temperatures. :smiley:

[quote]Fans have been warned to expect SNOW when England plays in Cape Town on Friday.

Forecasters issued a severe weather warning yesterday for strong winds and torrential downpours.

They predicted snow will fall on high ground by the end of the week.

Rian Smit, of the South African Weather Service, said: “It does snow here at this time of year and can get pretty cold.”

[/quote]
mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wo … 67443.html

weathersa.co.za/web/

allvoices.com/contributed-ne … d-cup-snow[/quote]
Still no guarantee of snow on the Highveld. In 28 years I saw snow only once, and it was so meagre as to not even count. More like heavy frost.

Half time: South Africa 0 - 1 Uruguay…

Wonder if they can pull a draw or a win out of the bag. Doubt it, though. If they lose they can always blame the Vuvuzelas… :roflmao:

On another note, the yellow cards are flowing freely. This is such a prissy sport I really don’t know how anyone can bear to watch it outside of a World Cup. You just run to fast or too near another player and they fall down on the ground clutching limbs like an Amah that’s just been run over by a blue truck… :loco:

Edit 1: South African goalie got red carded at 75 minutes (His foot slightly touched the other player’s foot. Making him “fall” in an Oscar winning performance. :unamused: ), so with 15 to 20 minutes left I reckon SA is well screwed…

Edit 2: Penalty because of the “infringement”. Uruguay scores to go ahead 2 - 0. Cheers Bafana. No last 16 I’ll wager (although I never really thought they’d make it anyway…). Still, the draw against Mexico was more than I thought they’d accomplish, so it was probably a success at some level. :wall:

Edit 3: Well, that’s it. Uruguay 3 - 0 Bafana (Who, ironically, were made to look like boys playing men tonight…) Looks like it’s back to supporting the ancestral homelands again for me.

I’m no football expert, but it seems like maybe some of the European powerhouses are a bit overrated. Spain, Portugal, England, France, Italy…really only Germany has looked convincing.

[quote=“bismarck”]
Edit 3: Well, that’s it. Uruguay 3 - 0 Bafana (Who, ironically, were made to look like boys playing men tonight…) Looks like it’s back to supporting the ancestral homelands again for me.[/quote]

Jeez, you stayed up till 4:30 to watch the game? :notworthy: no worries, next game is against the Fwench, I’m sure Bafana will leap frog them in battle :pray:

yup, hopp schwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz!

How about those North Koreans, eh? :laughing:

Who would have thought Brazil couldn’t score against them for 55 minutes and could only beat them 2-1.

Admittedly, North Korea’s offense was shite. They never got more than one man in front of Brazil’s goal at a time and even then he’d be surrounded by 4 or 5 defenders. But their defense. What a surprise. :bravo:

Is this Swiss for “He shoots, he scores”, TC? :laughing:

[quote=“JohnH”][quote=“bismarck”]
Edit 3: Well, that’s it. Uruguay 3 - 0 Bafana (Who, ironically, were made to look like boys playing men tonight…) Looks like it’s back to supporting the ancestral homelands again for me.[/quote]

Jeez, you stayed up till 4:30 to watch the game? :notworthy: no worries, next game is against the Fwench, I’m sure Bafana will leap frog them in battle :pray:[/quote]
Well, it would be a small piece of justice after France’s handball entry into the World cup, but I won’t hold my breath…

Hopp Schwiiz the equivalent of come on switzerland

Huge game last night, must be a lot of tired people in front of their computers this morning in Switzerland.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Huge game last night, must be a lot of tired people in front of their computers this morning in Switzerland.[/quote]

I thought they’d be pretty neutral about it.

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

Huge game last night, must be a lot of tired people in front of their computers this morning in Switzerland.[/quote]

I thought they’d be pretty neutral about it.[/quote]

Zapp: “I hate these filthy neutrals Kif! With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me.”

Switzerland and Neutral, well I do agree that this is just a label. When I was in army, the only ever scenario we studied was that the enemy came from east and was flying migs. A fantastic win for sure and what I found out that since the world cup started, everybody in Europe sort of works part time.

Last night with Switzerland/Spain and tonight Argentina/S Korea have been some of the highlights so far.

I was kinda hoping for a Korean double, holding top notch teams to 2-1. Wasn’t to be, but there’s no shame for Korea tonight.

With the New Zealand draw as well, I don’t buy into the idea that it’s been boring so far. Hopefully just warming up.

Look forward to a glorious England game tomorrow (opposition that do themselves proud, while we do even better).

Seems they finally start to score (besides de tschermans), 8 goals so far in the first two games today (75min played in 2nd)… lots more chances too…