**Spoilers** World Cup Results 2010 Discussion Thread

After seeing how badly things went for the Kiwis in the Confed cup last year, I think it is more like hoping that DPRK being in the Group of Death prevents the All Whites from finishing dead last…[/quote]

Oh, really? Since that was their first ever WC point, it is being celebrated as a win here in NZ.

PS: They recently beat Serbia.

last minute goal from Reid in the All Whites: good one!
NZ: Slovakia, 1:1.

should have been 1:0, but the Slovaks had a goal from an off-side position allowed. Bastards!

So far this WC has been a real grind. Lack of goals, even lack of goal opportunities, inability to pass accurately by most teams, no superstar outings so far… and the trumpets. BOOORING.

Congratulations New Zealand.

Great to see the All Whites holding their own on the biggest stage.Well done lads. :bravo: :bravo:

Gotta say the end of the New Zealand/ Slovakia game balanced out a lot of the boring football. That was brilliant.

Can’t wait for Brazil vs Portugal

CHI-HON
Second-best game I’ve seen so far despite the scoreline. Chile in attacking mode for 90 minutes even after getting the lead. Nice passing and ball handling. Honduras also had some good chances but clearly were the inferior team. A shame that Chile squandered so many of their chances. Oh and the vuluvezas were tuned down a bit. I did even hear some chanting by the fans.

[quote=“hannes”]CHI-HON
Second-best game I’ve seen so far despite the scoreline. Chile in attacking mode for 90 minutes even after getting the lead. Nice passing and ball handling. Honduras also had some good chances but clearly were the inferior team. A shame that Chile squandered so many of their chances. Oh and the vuluvezas were tuned down a bit. I did even hear some chanting by the fans.[/quote]

Told you. Gato panza arriba. But Chile came up on top.

Mis condolencias. It is uphill from now on.

How the hell did Spain manage to toss that up!!? Just couldn’t get past the Swiss goalie and the Swiss defence.
Spain 0 - 1 Switzerland.

Well, well, well. The lowly Swiss tame the mighty Spanish machine! I’ll bet the beer’s flowing at The Tavern tonight! Wish I was there!

I still can’t believe it. Elf was the only one who predicted the Swiss win. :fume: Where does he get his information from???

Edit: Honestly… How does Elf do it??

[quote] Switzerland pulled off the [color=#FF0000]biggest shock of the 2010 World Cup so far[/color] when they [color=#FF0000]beat
European champions
Spain[/color] 1-0 in Group H on Wednesday, [color=#FF0000]their first ever victory[/color] over their opponents in 19 games. [/quote]
:fume: :fume: :fume:

And I thought I was being cautious tipping Spain to win 1-0…

[quote=“bismarck”]
I still can’t believe it. Elf was the only one who predicted the Swiss win. :fume: Where does he get his information from???

Edit: Honestly… How does Elf do it??[/quote]
He probably pressed the wrong buttons on the 'Bru when he was horribly drunk. Either that, or he’s a witch and we should burn him immediately. :fume:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“bismarck”]

Edit: Honestly… How does Elf do it??[/quote]
He probably pressed the wrong buttons on the 'Bru when he was horribly drunk. Either that, or he’s a witch and we should burn him immediately. :fume:[/quote]
I’m leaning towards, “He has a match fixing racket going on on the side…”

What’s up with the world cup schedueling, i mean, couldn’t they have kicked off the later game around 1 am for asian viewers?

Let me have an obligatory HAHAHAHAHA SPAIN

but anyway. I only watched last 10 mins of Spain - Swiss, Swiss defence was great.

Timezones make things crappy. I learned from experience.

Yes. I agree. It’s important to take Asian viewers into account. Let’s inconvenience the rest of the world so that basketball/baseball/ManUre fans can get their footie at a more appropriate time.

Wait until it starts snowing… First world cup to ever snow. :discodance: :roflmao:

Would explain why the swiss do so well… :smiley:

That was beautiful. Best tension I’ve seen yet. There are a lot of Englishmen feeling a lot better tonight.