šŸ¤ø šŸ˜® Sports | Amazing sports feats thread

3 HOF caliber starters and an offense loaded with hitters that mash and rarely strike out. Pretty sick team.

1 Like

The astros have done a fine job developing and drafting players. I remember they only won 50 games and moved from the NL to the AL which was baffling to me at the time why they would move.

Dont get me started on that. Why swap the astros and brewers? I still hate that. Also not a fan of the one game wild card.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦Iā€™ve been saying the same thing. But at least they have 2 wildcard now with the change. Makes the regular season more interesting

1 Like

Make it best of 3. Get into teams bullpens and benches at least. The season is already long whats one extra week? Plus its more revenueā€¦

1 Like

I wonder whatā€™s the reason they donā€™t do best of 3. 1 game is really anticlimactic even though itā€™s supposed to be more on the line.

1 Like

Yeah and too random. One game deciding an entire season is too extreme. Plus it makes those elite SPs even more valuable.

1 Like

Taiwan beat Japan in the Asian Baseball Championship!

1 Like

Plank world record: 8 hours 1 minute (Mao Weidong).

Tennis record that will never be broken: Wimbledon match lasted 11 hours 5 minutes. Isner def. Mahut 6-4, 3-6, 6-7, 7-6, 70-68.

Andy Murray wins an ATP tournament with a metal hip.

It buggered up the Federer Djokovic final IMO, but youā€™re right - itā€™s now unbeatable.

On paper it is still technically possible because the French Open still has no tie break in the 5th set, but itā€™s virtually impossible for a clay match to last that long.

1 Like

Toronto Raptors gave their super fan who has been to every home game for 24 years a ring.

1 Like

Evan Holyfield, son of Evander Holyfield, knocks out his opponent in 16 seconds on his pro debut.

Starts at 4:25 for people who want to watch the fight.

https://youtu.be/YYprDQ3teHI

Probably should have gave the other guy another chance. A lot of guys come out strong and others take a round to settle nerves.

Ridiculous stoppage by the ref.

Heā€™s surprisingly small for a Holyfield. What weight is he fighting at?

EDIT: Iā€™ve made the effort to look. 154 pounds and 6ā€™2. Heā€™s got big potential.

I think he is middle weight. Around 160lbs which is small for the son of one Evander. Maybe the mom is small?

The stoppage was way to premature. I would have concerns but give it longer than 16 seconds.

Holyfield started at around that I think (havenā€™t checked). He was never really a genuine heavy in terms of size, but he made up for it in courage.

EDIT: He started at light heavy.

He is 21. Most guys donā€™t get their man bones until 22-23. He will probably get a bit bigger.

You canā€™t tell nowadays how good a boxer is until theyā€™ve had 20 or so fights. Looked good, though.