šŸŸ Sports Venues | Taipei Dome

At least itā€™s not little tiles?

Some of the Better looking buildings in Taipei as well

Little tiles actually work very well for Sydney Opera House.

3 Likes

Tunnels and crowds are a good way to have a collosal tragedy. To even suggest that as a escape route is murder.

1 Like

As long as one doesnā€™t fall on any poor bastardā€™s head, sure.

I didnā€™t realize that this was a 40k seat arena. For some reason, I thought it was perhaps half that and, even then, evacuation routes and traffic werenā€™t something that sounded good.

Is this dome done yet? Does it get a name like Family Mart Dome or the Louisa Coffee super cafe dome or dome coffee.

3 Likes

No, itā€™s not.

What a debacle.

Guy

1 Like

It canā€™t be finished until they (developer and government) resolve the issue regarding the lack of fire safety measures.

No, but 7-11 will open like 6-7 stores inside.

By the end of the year Iā€™ve been told from some engineers that work inside.

Seemingly the latest plan is to install rocket motors all along the foundations and in the event of emergency the whole thing takes off and lands on Zhonghe, thus killing two birds with one dome.

10 Likes

The only positive that has come out of this hulking monstrosity is that its obvious venality and stupidity may have helped bring to an end 16 years of KMT rule in Taipei City.

Otherwise, itā€™s simply terrible.

Guy

Why not just open one big 7-11, since need use all that space. Seems not many events that big in Taiwan so most of seats will be empty, more useful as 7-11 seating.

Itā€™s not just a stadium, itā€™s a department store too. And many strategically placed small stores have better traffic than one big one. And probably some will open during events only.

Because empty/closed places look abandoned, scary, shitty and so on. Look at all the massive malls worldwide at half capacity and the managers spread them out. Fail. It only works because taiwans welfare system.

If anything i bet 711 got a steal on rent so the stadium could try and look more lively and welcoming to attract other businesses to come pay extortionist rates for relaively little business. It works cause the suppliers are the ones who end up paying up in convenience stores.

I noticed all the trees they mowed down and people protested are replaced with new ones now as well. Just another one of those places.

Lets hope it becomes a success in the future. I sure hope it does. Otherwise, embarrassing. Most people wont notice/care anyway.

I hope the rockets work, seems installation will be delayed.

1 Like

Just stay away from Burma Town, OK? Itā€™s one of the best affordable eating areas around the capital!

Guy

1 Like

Just have it land on CKS memorial hall. Problems solved.

1 Like

That place is overdue for a renovation, anyways! :rofl:

Guy

I really like the update to SYS though. Taking down the wall and opening things up makes Ren Ai look dope

1 Like