🏟 Sports Venues | Taipei Dome

Yeah also think Taiwan could manage a rugby team in the Japan league. Why not

Taiwan rugby is a cesspit of politics. It won’t ever happen.

1 Like

Rugby used to be a thing in Tainan during the Japanese era. They even had a statue of Rugby players in front of the Tainan train station.

Depends on whether the soccer teams are willing to have cheerleaders for their games here.

Seriously, this isn’t a joke.

I know that. :sunglasses: actually the new National league kicks off next month. They’re trying hard to elevate the game but honestly it’s tough when you’ve got 80 old Taiwanese guys clogging up the infrastructure who cling to an old fashioned administrative culture.

That’s all of the sports In Taiwan though.

Well if you have a private sports club in a foreign league, then can circumvent a lot of it

Didn’t see the above posts when writing mine for some reason. I think the main problem will be the willingness of the J-League to include an non-Japanese team. Japanese are kind of known for preferring to keep to themselves. But I wouldn’t mind to see how that scenario would play out.

Someone said the seats only look light because there are seats covers on them.

I did also suspect there are covers over them, however, description of the seats is also that they are white anddark grey, perhaps matching their seat covers.

Maybe the over 80 league can have a team Taiwan, a lot more elders in Taiwan

The seats themselves are grey and white since even Far Glory acknowledges that might interfere with players seeing the ball.

They are inviting some semi-amateur baseball teams to test it out to see how big a disruption the chairs pose.

1 Like

That building is looking uglier and uglier everyday. It almost looks like it’s condemned and waiting to be torn down.

Especially since the original artistic design had to be changed because it was too bright and shiny.

Hey but at least the picture catches the weather correct in Taipei always grey overcast.

2 Likes

Its very strange and I caught it today from my office, some of the panels are still very shiny and others are dull and don’t reflect at all. Its like they only changed a portion of them and in a random haphazard way. From my office, the thing is still absolutely blinding if the sun is out.

Sad. That building is just sad.

Before it was a giant toilet, now it’s a giant toilet that hasn’t been cleaned in a decade.

2 Likes

Wait until those panels are illuminated colorfully in the evening. Like so:

Probably not…

You are giving the KMT and Farglory too much credit for their artistic competence.

Yeah that money all went into their pockets come on.

A strong contender for the least likeable building in Taipei.

It’s really obnoxious.

Guy

Just a shit use of space in a city desperate for park space