🏟 Sports Venues | Taipei Dome

Whats been his excuse for not pursuing prison for Zhao Tengxiong?

Ko has said several things to justify his new path of doing everything to make sure the dome gets built.

1. “If we are not tearing it down, then we are going to finish building it”
  2. “We will respect the experts”
  3. “We will scale back the people allowed on the property, and get it built first, then talk about changing it”

Basically, the previous mayor signed the contract which prevents doing that/suing for unfulfilled obligations/doing anything but take it.

Please note this is not the first time the same architectural firm has done this, hired by the Taipei City Government…And keeps in getting hired. One wonders why.

2 Likes

Man, he pulled a Dick Cheney Haliburton

How much was the bail? Can we use the bail money to pay Far Glory the fine?

Also, if Taiwan hosts the World Classic or a Premier 12 pool, we can easily pack up to 30,000 for a game against Japan or Korea.

The P12 game against Japan sold out 11,500 within thirty minutes.

Taiwan has had this contractor corruption from the beginning.

They changed the specifications in the middle of the game when he first MRT went up.

There is something similar in the US with government contractors. At one dinner, they said when they give the government a proposal, they set the timetable just enough to require them to extend the project.

Whether this is in the same magnitude as as in Taiwan, don’t know.

This recent Premier 12 tournament has demonstrated the importance of having your own league.
USA, Australia, Mexico, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, all advanced. All but Australia have a full-season league.

1 Like

On a sunny day!

2 Likes

that design is so 1990s…

That’s when they started thinking about it!

2 Likes

I made this comparison of plan vs. current stage (is that scaffolding on the dome edge along Zhongxiao Rd?)

4 Likes

That is the scaffolding but I thought it had been removed. At least I haven’t noticed it anymore when going past.

Are those aluminum foil sheet metals on top?

1 Like

Titanium! 20K NT$ a pop. (tile)

1 Like

Yes.

Nice. We’re exporting our year-round baseball weather.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rakuten (new Japanese owners of Monkeys) live press conference and team name / uniform reveal

Can somebody please explain to me what Ko Wen-je is up to here?

Guy

From up on a height you can really appreciate how ugly this thing is.

1 Like