Spring scream 2010

There is one now available here: spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= … utput=html
I’m sure there’ll still be changes but I think it was just released today (Tues 30 Mar) so should be fairly accurate.

It’s in alphabetical order which is really only useful if you’re in one of the bands. On my site you can see which bands are playing on which days:
Fri. April 2 - gigguide.tw/event-1467
Sat. April 3 - gigguide.tw/event-1468
Sun. April 4 - gigguide.tw/event-1469
Mon. April 5 - gigguide.tw/event-1470

BTW: I’m in no way associated with SpringScream, but am happy to promote it in the hope the bands and attendees get their money’s worth and have a good time.

Thanks for taking the time to do that, that alphabetical list was hard to decipher an actual schedule from… :thumbsup:

Can someone tell me who the biggest bands are?

I cannot recognize any of the names listed in the above links.

A very rough guide is that the golden time slot is 10:30pm judging by where they placed the better known local bands that got a lot of votes… In saying that it’s important to note that there are no “big bands”, this is after all, Taiwan… I heard all stages are the same size this year so stage color is no longer an indication of “status”… Basically the White stage on Saturday the 3rd is the TW local scene foreign band lineup with one or two notable exceptions… Having the big noses all on one convenient stage presumably makes it easier for the fuzz to swoop in and deport anyone who didn’t fill in the “performance permit” application in triplicate, sign over their first born, swear allegiance to Confucius etc.

While some things aren’t perfect about Spring Scream, there are a lot of great things. I polled some people and put their answers up at http://www.waakao.com/en/component/content/article/39-rokfeature/639-the-ultimate-spring-scream-guide-2010.

“Taiwan’s Glastonbury – without the bands.” :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: LOVED that quote!
Yup. That’s about the size of it, sure enough.
A day at T in the Park: 60 quid to see Muse, Eminem, Kasabian, Madness, Stereophonics, Faithless, Paulo Nutini, the Prodigy, the Black Eyed Peas, etc etc.
A day at Spring Scream: 30 quid to see… er… ummm…

[quote=“sandman”]“Taiwan’s Glastonbury – without the bands.” :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: LOVED that quote!
Yup. That’s about the size of it, sure enough.
A day at T in the Park: 60 quid to see Muse, Eminem, Kasabian, Madness, Stereophonics, Faithless, Paulo Nutini, the Prodigy, the Black Eyed Peas, etc etc.
A day at Spring Scream: 30 quid to see… er… ummm…[/quote]

I know that Jimi and Wade et al want to stay true to the original spirit of SS but it always seemed a bit strange to me the way the number of bands increased year on year. By all means encourage local “talent” but 180 crap bands does not a good time make. Why not bring in a couple of moderately famous acts as a respite for those not there to see their significant others perform? Oh and Milk and the MSH’s? Don’t get me wrong, great bands but they’ve been headlining this gig for, what, 7 years now?

Well Moneyshot’s only been around 3 years, but I agree with what you’re saying, which is why this will be the last one we play… Like you say it’s getting a little tired and as a festival it kind of veered off track somewhere like a good TV show in the inevitable decline after they run out of ideas and all that’s left to do is flashback episodes and kick backs to the heydays… sort of…

Hi

I have bought the ticket , anyone or group that I can join with go to the party together on Fri.?

My mail : LP88vinson@gmail.com

Well in the case of the 'shots you’d have to be a social phobic to have not seem them several times in those 3 years. I’ve seen them at least seven times and mostly by accident. (If I ever hear that Joy, joy, joy song again things could get nasty. :sunglasses:)

I’ll be there on Sunday. It’ll be my first SS experience so I’m really looking forward to it! Anyone else over there on Sunday, too? I’d like to meet up and hang out together. PM me if you’re interested.