Spring scream 2010

Hi,

is the date for Springscream 2010 already fixed? The website springscream.com/ has a 2010 background image, but seems to still consist of 2009 info. Nevertheless, a Chinese friend said the date would be April 3-5, but maybe she got confused as well …

It’s always the first weekend in April to coincide with Tomb Sweeping Holiday. So i think those are the dates

April 3-5 are Saturday to Monday this year - is this really correct?

Ah, and springscream.com is empty/not available now …

OK, it’s online again:

[quote]Spring Scream Tiger2
April 2,3,4,5 (Monday’s a national holiday)
Erluanbi National Park, Kenting, Taiwan, Planet Earth
200 bands, 3 day, 7 stages [/quote]

The voting system is just ridiculous.

None of my friends got an Indievox account !

So if you dont personally know a lot of bands, no one will vote for you.

BTW here’s my account

http://www.indievox.com/moirai

Aggreed the voting system is not so hot.
Our band “[color=#800080]The ever so friendlies[/color]” is on the site and we havent recieved a single “VIP” vote. We had to apply as if we were playing there for sure and there are no assurances that wecan play unless we get votes from people that have bought a ticket from the spring scream web site. We have 40+ fans that have voted for us but they dont count as they have bought thier tickets other ways or plan to buy them down there. If anyone is interested they can go to [color=#800080]http://www.indievox.com/theeversofriendlies[/color]and listen to our music for free. if you have bought a ticket and have any votes left we would love you forever. Our fans have asked us what night we are playing so they can buy tickets for that night and we have to tell them that we have no idea. I wish they would throw us some kind of bone. please support the bands that come from your city so we can have some representation down in Kenting. Thanks to anyone who reads this feeble plea.

(I am helping organize one of the stages at Spring Scream this year)

I recently talked with the organizers of Spring Scream and voiced the concerns about the website, voting, and other things. They decided to combine with indievox because it already had the back end stuff and could make the voting much easier than if they tried to do it themselves. The whole point of the voting process is to get people to listen to bands, discover new music, and buy pre-sale tix to the festival. While the system is not perfect, it is what it is. Running and organizing spring scream is difficult because they are dealing with 500 bands (x at least 4 members) and everyone and their mother’s opinion about what should be what.

The band list should be out this weekend or next week sometime. It’s hard to whittle so many deserving bands down to 200 slots but they do a pretty good job. It’s a great festival and a fantastic venue so go and have fun. if you have any questions, I will try to help. DJMarcusA at gmail dot com
marcus
http://www.waakao.com

Can you camp there? Do you have to reserve a spot?

We’re trying to get permission to have an SPCA table at Spring Scream, but we haven’t heard back from the info@ email address. Does anyone know who we can speak to directly?

Chuanza–Yes you can camp there. It’s$500 per tent and a pretty cool place for camping.

Sean–I will ask and get back to you about the table/booth. Hopefully by tonight (Monday).

Thank you, Marcus!

The accepted band list is up here: http://www.springscream.com/

If you have signed up and have been accepted, then you should have gotten an email about the band members getting permits. I am going to do this process tonight, so I can field any questions anyone has.
marcus
http://www.waakao.com

Very glad to see this:

The govt making P-ARC or even work ARC holders apply for a performance permit is ridiculous though, it’s not as if Springscream is a paid show. :loco:

It’s not a paid show? But my friend is buying a one-night ticket for me for NT990?

Oh you have to pay to get in, it’s the steep ticket prices and the long list of corporate sponsors that mean that the sound crews get paid, and the vendors get paid, and the land owners get paid, and the advertising and promotion companies get paid, and the transport companies get paid, and the event organizers certainly get paid, but the bands which are by and large the sole reason thousands of people pay NT$1k per day to be there in the first place, get paid zero, zip, nadda… That’s what I meant by unpaid show…

And just as a further kick in the balls with 4 days to go before the festival begins, the organisers have still not got their act together enough to release a band performance schedule so hundreds of musicians have no way to confirm their travel and accommodation plans… This will be the last Springscream we play and I’ve spoken with folks from several other bands that feel the same way, the smarter ones amongst us didn’t even bother applying this year…
:cactus:

So I want to go to Spring Scream but I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out what is the best way to get there. Unfortunately I work on Saturday so I can’t go until that afternoon/evening. Everyone else I know is going on Friday so I can’t figure out what’s the best way for me to make it there fast. Any suggestions? HSR? Bus? Train?

HSR to kaohsiung, then a bus down to kenting. Theres these minibuses every 20 mins or so 24/7 so i understand.

Play it once, shame on them. Play it twice, shame on you. I’ve played it twice. :blush: Never again, though!

But… but… just THINK of the free “publicity!” :roflmao: (Not free, of course – it costs a good chunk of change to schlep all the way down there with a band and gear, hotels, meals, etc.).
Four days and you have noplace booked? Damn! If I were you I just wouldn’t bother showing up. If they can’t get their act together, why should you? You’re doing THEM the favour, don’t forget. :unamused: That is fucking shameful!

Getting to spring scream:

HSR to Kaohsiung (Tsoying) and taxi to Spring Scream sight. About NT$400-500 per person and just 90 minutes. A helluva better ride than the bus and about the same price.
Taxis are available at the HSR station.

Late schedule release:

yeah, i’ve always wondered about this and it seems to happen every year. i guess releasing the schedule late means that no one has time to complain about a crummy time slot!

Play it once, shame on them. Play it twice, shame on you. I’ve played it twice. :blush: Never again, though!

But… but… just THINK of the free “publicity!” :roflmao: (Not free, of course – it costs a good chunk of change to schlep all the way down there with a band and gear, hotels, meals, etc.).
Four days and you have noplace booked? Damn! If I were you I just wouldn’t bother showing up. If they can’t get their act together, why should you? You’re doing THEM the favour, don’t forget. :unamused: That is fucking shameful![/quote]

+1…invest the money in a trip to Fuji Rock where you can see the likes of Muse, Massive Attack and, ahem, Trombone Shorty…