Spring Scream Fallout and Tragedy 2011

Anyone know these shining examples of foreigners?

NSFW

Video here> Yee-Ha! [Moderator’s note: also not safe for work.]

The funny thing is that everyone just uses the generic “Spring Scream” term when none of the above parties were Spring Scream. They were both the Coors Light Beach Party at Xiao Wan. Good times.

If you wanna see some pics from Friday and Saturday (with a ton of others coming this week), check out waakao.com for all the goodness.

Nope, just glad it’s not me that has to come back to the “real world” with that all over the internet… :2cents:

Is this where the one American was killed and another injured over the weekend?..scooter accident.

Yeah. Couple of drunk yahoos on a red-plate bike, apparently. I thought they were both killed, though.

Thanks Sandman, I saw this on the news over the last few days and did not see a thread about it.
Sad stuff.
Wrong place - Wrong time…again.

and the spring wave at the other side.

Yeah, our duty editor was getting an earful on the phone from some bozo complaining that we referred to arrests that took place down there as being made at Spring Scream. Deeply, deeply righteously righteous, but he wasn’t doing a very good job of persuading the 60-something editor that Spring Scream refers to only a tiny part of the festivities. :laughing:
Whether the Spring Scream organizers like it or not, the annual Kending weekend IS known to all and sundry as Spring Scream and has been for many years now.

So they got that drunk at a COOR’S LIGHT festival? What the…?

I noticed there are not too many in the crowd looking at the man.

Well there is only one female in the crowd. She does seem more interested in the girl though.

Some bosses and parents must be very unhappy with their English teachers today. I wonder if they will get fired :ponder: Looks like many of the drug busts were on local people. A little discretion people. Yeah, I agree, all festivities are referred to as spring scream. I think the police just run around making random searches.

Yeah. Couple of drunk yahoos on a red-plate bike, apparently. I thought they were both killed, though.[/quote]

My wife works with someone who knows the people involved. The passenger, a 24 year old man, died. The other rider suffered a broken leg and a punctured lung. Friends present at the scene said that poor visibility at night and alcohol intoxication may have contributed to this accident. The bike is a plated Yamaha farmer bike.

I think this is the (Chinese-language) news report of the accident, dated a couple of days ago:

n.yam.com/view/mkvideopage.php/20110404309056

[quote=“Josefus”]Anyone know these shining examples of foreigners?

NSFW

Video here> Yee-Ha! [Moderator’s note: also not safe for work.][/quote]

I say no to drugs, I say no to excessive drunkeness, but hey, maybe Taiwan needs a bit of nudity. A time to hang loose (literally) now and then. One of those spring scream things they had a TAIWANESE girl (yes not furrin) do a bungee jump in the buff . She didnt get any negative feedback :slight_smile:

I understand theres a place in N.zealand where people who bungee jump in the buff can do it for free. But they video you and you are seen live at the pub nearby, if you dont mind. And apparently they often have “trouble” getting the gear on for girls and have to take some time :smiley: doing so.

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]I think this is the (Chinese-language) news report of the accident, dated a couple of days ago:

n.yam.com/view/mkvideopage.php/20110404309056[/quote]

From the news report seemed like both the car and the moto were travelling at high speeds and crashed into each other at an intersection that was not well lit. Seemed like an accident that could happen even if the two on the moto were not furrin or drunk.

Nonetheless, they should have planned the trip better. To attempt to ride over 2 hours back to Ktown after having a few, at night and riding fast (people do speed on that road back to ktown at night and in the day though) wasnt the brightest thing to do. Perhaps they needed to teach the next day or something. At any rate, sad end.

If planning to drink they could have taken the bus. I understand bus transport is practically 24/7 from Ktown to Kenting. Every half hour or so. No need to drive or ride a moto. Especially if planning to hoist a few and having to get back at night.

But the accident wasnt entirely their fault it seemed (the other car was also speeding) and it looked like what it was…an accident. Still one person lost his young life… sad. Taiwan claims yet another young furriner (it claims a lot of young Taiwanese too)

I was down in Kending yesterday, that road is hell even when you’re sober. Scariest road I’ve been on in Taiwan so far (haven’t been on Suao-Hualian yet, before someone says it…)

And yes, the buses are 24-7, but rather nausea-inducing.

Oh is this the way they say the future’s meant to feel?
Or just 20,000 people standing in a field.
And I don’t quite understand just what this feeling is.
But that’s okay cos we’re all sorted out for E’s and wizz.
And tell me when the spaceship lands cos all this has just got to mean something.

Or not!

Too old unfortunately.

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”]I was down in Kending yesterday, that road is hell even when you’re sober. Scariest road I’ve been on in Taiwan so far (haven’t been on Suao-Hualian yet, before someone says it…)

And yes, the buses are 24-7, but rather nausea-inducing.[/quote]

Where are you coming from? The road from Kaohsiung has two lanes going in both directions for most of the way, with very wide scooter lanes. Nothing to be scared of. I rode my bicycle down for the weekend and had no problems at all.

[quote=“marcus a”]The funny thing is that everyone just uses the generic “Spring Scream” term when none of the above parties were Spring Scream. They were both the Coors Light Beach Party at Xiao Wan. Good times.

If you wanna see some pics from Friday and Saturday (with a ton of others coming this week), check out waakao.com for all the goodness.[/quote]

Yup - newspaper retractions are often in small print on the second page. In the Taipei Times today: