Spring Scream

Yep, it’s that time of the year again. No one posted it so I thought I would. Spring Scream is here again. March 31st to April 9th. E-Store will be down there at Booth number 20 serving Spicy Chicken, Taiwan soft Taco’s, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper and more… Stop in and say hi all. We’re only gonna be there March 31 to April 3 though so better come early.

Where the hell at you ambiguous redneck?

Location & directions.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Where the hell at you ambiguous redneck?

Location & directions.[/quote]
Kending. Look for the Taiwanese children and the hippies.

“Cartman: M’am, I’m here to check your house for parasites … apparently, you have hippies.”

So which weekend will be the best to go?

And is there any kind of an approximate schedule yet so that one could choose a weekend?

And my recommendations that you might not hear elsewhere:

Digihai
Green Eyes
The Clippers (Still weirdly cool)
The Deported
8mm sky
we save strawberries

Why so little discussion on this thread anyway? Better hippie than hopeless nerd.

I’m not hopeless. Not always.

Here’s a link for Sprincg Scream 2006. Although, it’s not very useful as yet.

No Ramblers? Chief?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Here’s a link for Sprincg Scream 2006. Although, it’s not very useful as yet.

No Ramblers? Chief?

HG[/quote]
Don’t think they’d want old crusties like us playing down there. :wink:
But mainly it’s just an awful hassle playing there. Did it once with another band and never again – and that was just a regular electric 4-piece.

C’mon, Wade and co can’t be spring chickens themselves these days, surely.

Did I forget to mention the chopper in and out of the gig and the digs at that Caesar Park joint?

HG

The schedule should be up shortly. The bands are still in the confirmation stage I believe. I think the Ramblers would kick a whole lot of ass if they played but Spring Scream this year, but alas, I didn’t see them on the list.

Thanks for reccomending us Dearpeter :sunglasses:

schedule here:

springscream.com/publicsched.htm

have fun!

Wow, this is where this post went. Sorry all. kind of lost it. We will be down there the first weekend. I can’t believe their doing it for all 9 days. That’s just to long. I heard the last weekend was suppose to be good but I think all the booze will be gone by then…lol…

See you all down there. Booth 20 I hope but they haven’t confirmed…

Just got back from Kenting… beautiful reminder of tropical taiwan and about 2 hrs south of Tainan by car.

Hi,

I have posted before on this forum last year but I changed my user name.

I have just returned from Ken Ding and there was a kind of bust in our hotel (Caesar Hotel). at about 3 oclock in the morning.
Two foregners were arested in the coridor near our room and I saw it as I was retuning to my room.
But it was wierd because there were two other foregners who came to the hotel with the hotel staff to open the door where the foregners were staying. They looked like police or something but not Taiwanese. From what I can hear the one foregner was British or Australian and the other American. There were two Taiwanese police with them but in plain cloths. The two foregners went into the hotel room and there was shouting. A fight went into the coridor and one Taiwanese police man took out a gun and the fight stopped. I saw the two police foregners hold the other foregners against the wall to search them and then they were taken away.
I have been in Taiwan (Taibei) for 3 years but never seen any cooperation with police and foregners before.
I say they were like police because they were wearing professional army/police gear and had a bullet proof vest and police radios. The Taiwanese police were wearing bullet proof jacket’s under there coats and also had radios.
Does anyone else know about this bust. Was it drugs or something else?
I looked in the Taibei Times and China Post but I can’t find any information, and I can’t find information on TV.
I think the foregners who were taken away were from America or Canada.

[quote=“fought”]
But it was wierd because there were two other foregners who came to the hotel with the hotel staff to open the door where the foregners were staying. They looked like police or something but not Taiwanese. From what I can hear the one foregner was British or Australian and the other American.[/quote]

If this is so then…

:astonished:

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“fought”]
But it was wierd because there were two other foregners who came to the hotel with the hotel staff to open the door where the foregners were staying. They looked like police or something but not Taiwanese. From what I can hear the one foregner was British or Australian and the other American.[/quote]

If this is so then…

:astonished:[/quote]

Why, i used to know an american here in Taipei that worked on secondment with the FAP, he often attended serious incidents involving foreignors, not just US citizens either, from what he said they often got useful intel that was relayed back to bust the providers etc, seems like sensible policing to me.

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“fought”]

If this is so then…

Why, I used to know an American here in Taipei that worked on secondment with the FAP, he often attended serious incidents involving foreignors, not just US citizens either, from what he said they often got useful intel that was relayed back to bust the providers etc, seems like sensible policing to me.[/quote]

I agree, it is sensible policing. And they are probably regular visitors to the various ex-pats sites. :wink:

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“fought”]

If this is so then…

There are American DEA agents here…Always have been. I met some of them for the first time back in the late 80’s.

No surprise here. Must have shocked the hell out of these foreigners when they were busted by real cops.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“fought”]

If this is so then…

There are American DEA agents here…Always have been. I met some of them for the first time back in the late 80’s.

No surprise here. Must have shocked the hell out of these foreigners when they were busted by real cops.[/quote]

I agree, it is not a well known fact that there are some real cops here.

so maybe someone amongst us is on the job?

any candidates?