Spud masher

I mean potato masher… I find it hard to mask potatoes with spoon, it gets lumpy no matter how long I take to mash it, so where could you get a potato masher?

Where have you looked?

They sell aluminum baseball bats in all the toy stores.

pretty much any one of those “everything” stores would carry one. working house, ikea … in fact i’d be surprised if the hypermarkets didn’t have something along those lines.

the bigger welcome stores usually carry them in the welcome brand plastic utensils section(next to the peeler, grater, etc)

I know for sure the one beside the mcdonalds at Kuting does.

They’re made of black plastic with a shiny shilver handle and cost 60-70nt a piece

here! … I’m a spud masher … :laughing:

IKEA

Those aren’t that strong. I have one, just for mashing canned tomatoes in the frying pan. I wouldn’t trust it to mash more than a dozen or two taters.

Those aren’t that strong. I have one, just for mashing canned tomatoes in the frying pan. I wouldn’t trust it to mash more than a dozen or two taters.[/quote]

works all right for my mashed potatoes…
you do boil your potatoes before you mash em, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“lupillus”]works all right for my mashed potatoes…
you do boil your potatoes before you mash em, right? :P[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, for several seconds. :loco:

Hmm…I just use my electric mixer! I used to mash by hand, but then I discovered the mixer did a better job :slight_smile: I hate lumps.

Just about any of the “dollar stores” or what I like to call the “plastic stores” sell all these things. Just know that you arnt looking for what you are used to. What you will see is a handle with a flat round bottom with holes in it. It’s difficult to discribe but it’s not like what us country boys mash spuds with. It works and that’s what matters. Just look at all the crap on the wall and find something that looks like it will work for smashing spuds. You’ll find it and, by the way, it does work really well.
If all else fails, PM me and I’ll take you one. We cant have a friend in need without smashed spuds.

The DIY store in Yong He has one, that’s a good one. You know flat and round at the base. PM if you need directions. I know how important (seriously) this is.

I found a spud masher in welcome… its a roung thing with black plastic handles… the problem is now that it doenst mash it that good, but it takes a lot less effort than using a spoon. I heard someone suggested blender, but I thought mashed potatoes are too thick to work in a blender…

I found a spud masher in welcome… its a roung thing with black plastic handles… the problem is now that it doenst mash it that good, but it takes a lot less effort than using a spoon. I heard someone suggested blender, but I thought mashed potatoes are too thick to work in a blender…[/quote]

I don’t know what you got, but to get really good and creamy spuds you need this

It was similar but made of black plastic, where can I get the metal one?

The one I have now is black plastic and is made similar to the metal one’s. Its worked well for me. You maybe able to find the metal one’s at high end places like Ikea and that Pin store on the top level. Also, check out City Supermaket if you really want metal.

namaste :rainbow: