Standing desk chairs and stools or drafting stools

Where I can find real drafting stools or standing desk chairs in Taiwan?

Overstock.com ships to Taiwan now, btw, but the shipping prices double whatever purchase you’re trying to make, which is impractical.

Been searching around a lot on ruten, pchome, and momo only to find out lackluster selection. I’m looking for this or something similar for my standing desk: amazon.com/dp/B004I3ZRQM?tag=notsitting-20

Bump. Looking for a good standing desk that doesn’t cost 20k to ship. The only one I’ve seen so far is the Ikea Bekant but it has abysmal reviews - apparently the motor/power supply are way too weak for the application.

That’s the only one I’ve noticed but did not check reviews thanks for saying.

I find if i do a standing stool, i risk getting shit on my ankles. Messy!

Costco had one a few months back that was around NT$11000 and came with USB ports and a whiteboard surface. May still be available online.

Edit: they only have a ugly ass antique style standing table now. Will put you back NT$14k.

Your words are too tame

I very very highly recommend this company (their website is terrible):

They have a small manufacturing place in Xinzhuang (New Taipei), and the main plant in Taichung. They have two products, one made in China, assembled in Taiwan; and one made in Taiwan. The made in China one (JUJU series) is decent quality, they are rebranded and sold around the world in large quantities to Google, Microsoft and the like - in fact I used one at my previous employer in the US.

The made in Taiwan one (STJ series) is more expensive, sturdy, with a workhorse motor that can lift something like 200kg (also MIT), and coated legs that won’t rust in Taiwanese humidity. I have been using one in my home office for the past year and it’s absolutely brilliant. I can put it to full height and comfortably lean against it without any fear of tipping it over - this thing is stable. Do get the memory keypad so you can set preferred heights and change positions frequently and effortlessly.

I have nothing to do with this company at all, just really like their products. Also the guy at their facility in middle-of-nowhere Xinzhuang went out of his way to give me a ride to and from the MRT to save me a taxi fare.

3 Likes

There’s a better one on sale in Costco although I can’t seem to find it online.

• 可調式電動升降桌 / TRESANTI ADJUSTABLE DESK
  • 120x60x76-126cm
  • glass top, touch buttons
  • 3 usb ports
  • 47kg max
  • 10399$
1 Like

Bumping this in case anyone has been able to get decent standing/sitting chairs in Taipei, as opposed to standing desks. I’m transitioning to spending a lot more time standing after some bad back pain and I’ve been looking at sitting/standing stools like the Repirou, Monoprice Workstream sit/stand stool and the QOR360 Ariel. I can buy these from outside Taiwan, but then as the original poster noted you then get hit by postage costs, and wondered if anyone had had any luck sourcing these or similar here in Taiwan.

1 Like

I use a local brand, bestmade. They have ergo chairs and desks, free delivery and warranty/replacement in Taipei.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I visited them (you need to make an appointment on their website) after visiting Ikea. Ikea has three offerings for sit-stand desks:

• Skarsta uses a crank and is very cheap. It isn’t very stable at the highest position, but still a good choice if you’re low on funds or don’t know how long you’ll be staying (or if you know your stay will be short).
  • Bekant. The cheaper electric one. Avoid it. I looked for reviews on other websites, and this model is plagued with problems (though I didn’t experience any in the store).
  • Idåsen. The more expensive electric one. I liked it! But …

Bestmade’s Funte 2 is cheaper, seems sturdier, is even more stable at the highest elevation, and has a higher-quality top. You also have more customization options (including several types of tops), and, in my opinion, it also looks better.

The only advantage I found the Idåsen to have is the 10-year warrantee (the Funte 2 comes with a 5-year warrantee). However, I got in touch with Bestmade after they’d delivered and assembled the desk for me to ask to change the top (I decided I wanted a straight one, finally, not a curved one, and yes I’m very annoying), and they accommodated me. Courteously. For free. You can’t beat that kind of service.

So I too recommend Bestmade.

I don’t recommend your being as annoying a customer as I was, however.

Oh, I nearly forgot: delivery took one month! So, well, be patient.

2 Likes

I too checked out the desks at Ikea and found them a bit lacking, and then found this thread here.

I made a same day appointment, went to BestMade and ordered a desk - their quality seems very good. FYI, they have two sizes: 120x80 cm ($13,000) and 150x80 cm ($14,400) and a few colors.

1 Like

I should note I bought this one and it’s been working well for over a year. I think about 17000 without accessories for 160x80cm.

1 Like

Carrefour has this simple small cheap standing table. (It said adjustable, but looking at it now I’m not so sure). Strong enough to hold typical desk items and manually adjustable. Not super strong for leaning on it but nice sturdy hard top. I could see myself using if for standing beside another sitting desk in home office. Maybe by the window or balcony or something.

Years ago I built a standing desk out of components from Ikea. Not so steady but I replaced it with a heftier version a few years back that has worked out well. Typing this…I think it’s adjustable but I have never done so.

For a chair I use a bar stool that is the ideal height (for me).

Have you looked at Taobao? You can buy furniture from there.

Go with a private shipper though, don’t use their official ones, and you would have less issues with real name verification.