Starbucks Peppermint Mocha is pretty pretty good

I can’t believe I’m saying this but the Starbucks holiday peppermint mocha tastes pretty pretty good. Must be all the sugar.

Note: Starting a new thread even though there are a lot of Starbucks threads to avoid calling up any possibly useless past.

I thought it was gross :face_vomiting:

“I don’t go to Shinbaka so I have no idea what this is, let’s use Google…”

Peppermint Mocha

A holiday classic made with our signature espresso, steamed milk, sweet mocha sauce and peppermint-flavored syrup. It’s all topped off with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.

Calories 440

“”“coffee”""

Holy crap.

1 Like

If you switch to soy milk and skip the whipped cream it’s slightly not as unhealthy

Go for the Venti (extra large).

Feel like pepperminty things always run the risk of tasting like toothpaste…

…some of my best friends taste like toothpaste

Just wait till that sugar high wears off…you’re gonna crash hard.

I have that covered with doctor prescribed pseudoephedrine, to help breathing, but it’s also a great energy booster.

1 Like

I was wrong. Crashing now falling asleep on my feet 1 hour after.

1 Like

I used to drink like 2 venti fraps a day to try to gain weight in HS.

Hate to say I told you so…

Calories 440 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 140mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 63g 21%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars 54g
Protein 13g

I think we need someone to take a leap of faith in the name of science and spend the whole month of December eating/drinking nothing but this thing (water between meals is allowed). 4 a day is ok-ish maybe for women, 5 a day would be ideal for most people in terms of calories requirement.

What if having 5 of these a day for a month could turn someone into an ubermensch ?

Sugars 54g, fat 15g, in one drink ?
Diabetes in a cup.

I enjoyed it! And there’s nothing wrong with enjoying it.

And I’m sure I’ll enjoy it again next time - which will be next year.

EDIT: note the peppermint mocha isn’t especially unhealthy on a Starbucks menu; plenty of other items have similar calorie and sugar counts. Signature Hot Chocolate, grande, with oat milk, has 479 calories (is oat milk a thing?!).

For comparison, a Big Mac apparently has 563 calories. But I know that this thread is Finley-bait, so I’ll also point out issues with added sugar versus bread versus meat versus whatever else I’m forgetting to take into consideration. And at least if you eat a Big Mac you’re going to feel like you’ve had a meal. Well, you’ll feel that way for 30 minutes or so, anyway.

I try not to drink anything over 2g of sugar, maybe 4g. Yucky.

That drink is definitely to be avoided. Anybody know how much is in a Louisa latte medium cup ?

Louisa’s website seems to have pop-up windows with calorie information, but on my computer at least, that window is only working for the Americano - and for some reason it’s assuming a lot of sugar and milk in that one.

http://www.louisacoffee.co/products_list/8

But lattes aren’t going to vary that much. A short whole milk latte at Starbucks is 108 calories, a tall 181 calories - I’d guess the Louisa latte is somewhere between the two. That number seems to assume no added sugar. Vanilla latte, you’re now at 233 calories for a tall (50 extra calories), with 14 grams of added sugar.

Oh yeah, THIS is why I switched to almost only black coffee a few years ago …

2 Likes

Tastes ‘minty’.