Starcraft 2 sold out in your city?

It really depends on the game because not all require the same. If I warm my hands up properly I can maintain around 160-170 with around 95% accuracy. Koreans doesn’t mean anything because a lot of them suck just like the rest of us. I have played against pro gamers before. In RTS I lose but I don’t get blownout. Tactically I am fine, it is just the speed difference.

Shooters on the other hand I can go gangster. I used to compete seriously on UT and BF1942/2. I scored a kill on some pro gamer at GDC2008 and won a free videocard. Never seen somebody get so pissed.

[quote=“djlowballer”]I scored a kill on some pro gamer at GDC2008 and won a free videocard. Never seen somebody get so pissed.[/quote]Did you get to taste his sweet tears of rage? :roflmao:

No I did what any mature sportsman does in victory…Teabag!

Eek. The TW version is only available in Chinese and region restricted? Looks like the US version for me then since it is more or less the same price. Another question though, for those of you who went through with the purchase, were you required to pick beforehand whether you want the Windows or Mac version? I.e., is the purchase for a key that is valid for both platforms or is it exclusively Windows/OSX only?

Tested it for you. Works like any other battlenet game. Lets you download either client :slight_smile:

Thanks. Was worried for a second that I would not be able to install it on my work computer if I chose the “wrong” version. :smiley:

I feel this way about my own gaming skills. Do you know of any RTS games where strategy is actually more important than speed? :ponder:

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote]
Tactically I am fine, it is just the speed difference.
[/quote]
I feel this way about my own gaming skills. Do you know of any RTS games where strategy is actually more important than speed? :ponder:[/quote]

Speed is not most important. 300 APM player who has no idea what Actions to do in each minute will lose to somebody at 100 whom knows the ins and outs of the game. The thing is speed comes with experience. If you are playing SC consistently at 300APM you spent a long time learning the game properly to have something to do while thinking at that speed. So the two go hand in hand.

All games and sports are like this. If both parties are tactically equal, the quicker always triumphs.

Just checked the systems requirement. Doesn’t look like SC2 will run very well (if at all) on a Mac with Nvidia 9400M chips.

I also cannot remember when the last time I upgraded a computer just to play a single game.

Ok, Blizzard is really getting on my tits now…
Buy the S$109 SEA/AU/NZ version of Starcraft 2 and you get to play on the US servers as well… wtf? :fume:
So for US$20 extra you get access to the US servers, but no other region is allowed to connect to other servers…
Really Blizzard?
gamepron.com/news/2010/07/23 … stralianz/

I’m surprised that it runs fine on my 2 year old laptop, albeit all the settings are on low. It looks gorgeous on my upgraded work computer though.

Now if y’all excuse me, I have to get back to “work”.

Blizzard games are all like this. They do not have very complex player model, instead using color and textures for detail. You can turn all the detail down and the games still will look great.

Word on the street is that they’re going to backpedal on the region thing and let you switch your region at any time (in an upcoming patch). It’s mystifying that they thought it was a good idea in the first place.

[quote=“catfish13”]Just checked the systems requirement. Doesn’t look like SC2 will run very well (if at all) on a Mac with Nvidia 9400M chips.

I also cannot remember when the last time I upgraded a computer just to play a single game.[/quote]
With the settings turned down, I can run it comfortably at 1280x800 on my 8400M GS. (I think that’s roughly comparable to a 9400M). 30 fps abouts in-game. Some stuttering during the mission interstitial cutscenes. Sure it’s not gonna look as awesome as the PR screenshots, but a laptop is a helluva lot easier to bring to a friends house for some LAN play.

I am Blizzard’s bitch.

any hints as to whether they did this on purpose as a way to regionally isolate any potential deployment issues?

saw a few copies at the local 7-11 too.

Did they implement LAN play at all? I thought they said you have to play on battle.net just so people don’t pirate the game… 1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179525
By the by, there’s already a single player hack out, so I guess Blizzards copy protection scheme didn’t really help. Then again, as most people are going to want to play it online…

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Did they implement LAN play at all? I thought they said you have to play on battle.net just so people don’t pirate the game… 1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179525
By the by, there’s already a single player hack out, so I guess Blizzards copy protection scheme didn’t really help. Then again, as most people are going to want to play it online…[/quote]
Supposedly there is a LAN hack too. I suppose technically I can’t call it a LAN party anymore, as we’ll all have to connect through battle.net

Does anyone know where I might find a copy of the English version of Starcraft 2, preferably the collector’s edition, in Taipei?
Thanks in advance.

Hacked versions are already available (not promoting it), I tried to buy it. But battlenet doesn’t take Paypal like steam does…so well…fuck them.