Startup Visa Renewal

Hi, I have a question regarding the renewal of the startup visa.
I’ve read that in order to be able to renew the startup visa it is necessary to satisfy one of these 4 requirements:

1. The revenue of the applicant’s enterprise (group) for the most recent year, or the average annual revenue for the most recent three years, is at least NT$3 million per year.

2. The operating costs of the applicant’s enterprise(group) for the most recent year, or the average annual operating costs for the most recent three years, is at least NT$1 million per year.

3. The applicant’s enterprise (group) employs at least three ROC nationals full-time.

4. The applicant’s enterprise (group) can demonstrate some other category of operational performance that leads the competent authority to assess that the enterprise is making a positive contribution to Taiwan’s economic development.

My question is: In case the original visa was obtained through the support of a startup accelerator / incubator (one of the conditions the visa could have been obtained in the first place), is it necessary to have the support of the startup accelerator/incubator also for the visa renewal?
Or the entrepreneur is now no longer tied to the startup accelerator/incubator?

Thanks!

To my understanding, after the initial stage, your visa will be attached to your company, not the incubator/accelerator anymore.
But to be sure, I’d suggest you to check with your incubator/accelerator. They should have experience in that.

1 Like

I’m interested in this startup visa arrangement - where can I find the govt info about it? Is is focused on a particular sector?