Stay away from DBS bank

Unprofessional, let you just lose a lot of time. They came promoting their credit card at my company, applied for it in June. Now in August they say denied cause without a guarantor. We should all boycott these banks.

Out of interest, can you clarify how they came promoting their CC? door to door, online, some guy outside PX mart with a clipboard (my wife has one from them and so far she’s not complained, this is not a ‘dis’, I’m genuinely interested)

Came promoting at my company cafeteria. Two guys, first sent email, then came with free gadgets to attract employees. I hate this guarantor discrimination towards foreigners.

Does their card have especially good benefits?

They’re all the same! If we boycott them then we have nowhere to put our money except the mattress! And even the mattress asks for a guarantor!

1 Like

Many years ago my salary bank denied me using the foreigner excuse.

I wrote in using the complaint form and said that on one hand I liked their service and wanted to continue doing business with them. On the other hand if they were going to treat me second class I’d come every payday and take all but 1nt and keep the rest at home. Of course, I said I’d prefer to let you use my money and you will get transaction fees from the credit card swipes so everyone’s happy if you issue me the card.

Next day they called to confirm where to send the card. Many banks here have attitudes stuck in the 60s

2 Likes

If your company has a welfare committee, that is the group that usually arranges promotions like this.

When the company I used to work for numbered over a 100 people, we formed a welfare committee. I think it is required by law, or there is a law that says the company must support such a committee after headcount exceeds 100 people. I was volunteered to join the committee and I didn’t mind trying to help out the first year. We didn’t do much. It was how I heard about the HappyGo card, which one of my fellow committee members said was willing to give organizations their own branded cards.

The people who took over in year 3 of our committee did know what they were doing, and they arranged promotions like this. I think there are group sales people who look out for welfare committees like ours and are ready to offer promos and gifts if they are invited in. So, if you are interested, ask a friend who works in a medium or large company about their welfare committee and ask for advice on who to reach in X bank or catalog.

Indeed I have written internal email Cc-ing bank guy saying that bank is not welcome anymore and I will actively counter-advertise Dbs everywhere.

1 Like