STD check in Tainan

Can someone help me find out how and where I can get an anonymous STD test in Tainan City. I’ve done some googling and I guess I could go to a urology clinic, or a major hospital like Cheng Da or Chi Mei. If I went to one of these hospitals, what do I do when I get there? How about Annan Hospital. I’d prefer to go to a small clinic. Almost everything is in Chinese and I’m having a tough time getting answers.

Do they sell kits in pharmacies?

Please let me know if you have any knowledge about this.

Thanks

Go to a hospital. Mi niao ke.

Course they don’t sell kits.

If you need help in English it’s probably best to go to a larger hospital. You could use the family medicine department or urologist.

They do self test kits for HIV in vending machines outside of most public health clinics. For other STIs I am not sure whether or not they have such kits.

https://www.translatingtaiwan.com/2020/05/01/know-your-status-self-testing-for-hiv-order-online-pick-up-at-convenience-store/

1 Like

Go to NCKU. They have anonymous HIV test for sure if that is what you are looking for. It’s easy. Just go to clinic’s (not the hospital) lab on first floor across from the 7-11 and ask for HIV test. Just say HIV or use Google translate. They will give you a QR (doesn’t everyone nowadays.) and you need to scan it. They will ask you questions about your sex life such as how many partners you have, do you share needles, etc. It’s all in Chinese. If you use Edge browser it will translate automatically for you. If all else fails, you can just ask a staff member to help you. Most staff can speak some English there. If you need more assistance don’t hesitate to ask me.

By the way, it’s free and you’ll get the results in a day. Someone will call you, verify you, and tell you over the phone. Just make sure to confirm “Negative” and “Non-reactive” to make sure they understand what results they are giving to you.

Yes but that’s a yes no test. If you have a problem with the manservant you need to see a urologist since he can prescribe the right drugs.

Mind you a seven day course of amoxicillin is easy enough to get hold of.

1 Like

Do you know if they have anonymous STD tests?

Yes, they have.

So what should I do? Visit a urologist and ask for an anonymous STD test?

I thought the anonymous ones are done, you know, anonymously, like through the city hospitals in Taipei. Registering with a doctor at a hospital would seem to interfere with the anonymity aspect, unless they’ve implemented a way to work around that.

Can I do this at Annan hospital or Chimei hospital?

I haven’t done it at either of those places but if it is a public hospital I am pretty sure it can be done. Chimei is a private hospital. I’m not sure about Annan.