Steam cleaning acne

One of my friends and I were talking today about my acne. (or my lack of now) And we were talking about things that have worked and things that have not. He said he had never heard of using steam to treat acne break outs. So, I thought I would share my method (it works well for me) in case anyone else needs the help.

I get cystic acne, I am not sure if this works on acne vulgaris or pustular lesions because I have never tried it (I hardly ever get either).

When I start to see the lump that I see before the cyst makes it way to the surface, I start steaming my face. I put my face over my water boiler with the lid off (really irks my roommate) with a towel over my head. I hold my head there for 10 minutes, 3 times a day. This often (not always) keeps the cysts from giving me the huge, ugly scabs that they used to ALWAYS get. Most of the time, it seems to make them vanish.
After I steam, the area will leak a fluid for 10-15 minutes. I wipe it off with a tissue. My derm says to not touch it with my hands because my pores are open from the steam.

I know those with problem skin tend to have a harder time in Taiwan, so I hope this helps someone.

Try not touching your face, eat better and get all of this pollution and chemicals out of your body that is terrible in Taiwan and all over the world. Drink lots of water and try a supplement, it’s natural and sounds weird, but it’s true. Ever heard of ‘stinging nettles’?? Take this supplement and it will help turn bad testosterone into good which will help get rid of the side effect from bad testosterone,

low dose accutane works wonders… and no side effects

No side effects?

Most important fact about this drug:
Because Accutane can cause severe birth defects, including mental retardation and physical malformations, a woman must not become pregnant while taking it. If you are a woman of childbearing age, your doctor will ask you to sign a detailed consent form before you start taking Accutane. If you accidentally become pregnant while taking the medication, you should immediately consult your doctor.

More common accutane side effects may include:
Conjunctivitis (``pinkeye’’), dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips, dry mouth, dry nose, itching, joint pains, nosebleed

Less common accutane side effects may include:
Bowel inflammation and pain, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, fatigue, headache, nausea, peeling palms or soles, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, sunburn-sensitive skin, thinning hair, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting

[quote=“SuchAFob”]No side effects?

Because Accutane can cause severe birth defects, including mental retardation and physical malformations, a woman must not become pregnant while taking it. If you are a woman of childbearing age, your doctor will ask you to sign a detailed consent form before you start taking Accutane. If you accidentally become pregnant while taking the medication, you should immediately consult your doctor.

Conjunctivitis (``pinkeye’’), dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips, dry mouth, dry nose, itching, joint pains, nosebleed

Bowel inflammation and pain, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, fatigue, headache, nausea, peeling palms or soles, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, sunburn-sensitive skin, thinning hair, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting[/quote]

Oops! I won’t be putting any more of THAT on my willy.

Maybe I’ll try that steam cleaning thing instead…

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“SuchAFob”]No side effects?

Bowel inflammation and pain, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, fatigue, headache, nausea, peeling palms or soles, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, sunburn-sensitive skin, thinning hair, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting[/quote]

Oops! I won’t be putting any more of THAT on my willy.

Maybe I’ll try that steam cleaning thing instead…[/quote]

You just want to watch that THIS doesn’t happen to yiz (scroll down to Notsu’s post)

[url]Funniest thing your kids have said or done

Good post SOB I used to do that as a kid/teenager and works great. They actually sell Face steamers in Watson’s and beauty supply/cosmetic stores.

i don’t disagree with the laundry list of side effects that can result from accutane, but i must say that the majority of those side effects come from high doses. when i lived in the states and canada i was on two courses… both at 100 MG/day and the side effects were nuts.

here in asia, the most they prescribe is 20 mg/day… i took 10 and had no side effects. lower the dose the lower the side effects with the same reat resuts.

I just get regular facials. That works really well for me. Taiwan is too dirty to just wash your face and hope and pray the break outs don’t hit you.
I used to have fantastic skin in Canada and only had to go to facials once in a while for maintenance, but in Taiwan, I go regularly to prevent major disaster.
I’m sooo serious.

[quote=“kellohitty”]I just get regular facials. That works really well for me. Taiwan is too dirty to just wash your face and hope and pray the break outs don’t hit you.
I used to have fantastic skin in Canada and only had to go to facials once in a while for maintenance, but in Taiwan, I go regularly to prevent major disaster.
I’m sooo serious.[/quote]

I would love to do that. But i went to one facial spa here and was seriously turned off by the lack of care used with the equipment. Can you suggest some really professional places.

I go to an eastern medicine doctor for my facials. They aren’t as thourough as a spa, but I can’t afford 1,500 a week. These are only 500 a week and less with insurance. I am sure you can find these at most Eastern Medicine clinics…
He keeps me pretty much clean and zit free. The need for the retin a is for wrinkles.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I go to an eastern medicine doctor for my facials. They aren’t as thourough as a spa, but I can’t afford 1,500 a week. These are only 500 a week and less with insurance. He is near LiuZHangLi station, PM me if you want details. But he doesn’t speak ANY English.
He keeps me pretty much clean and zit free. The need for the retin a is for wrinkles.[/quote]

Can you give details as to how your dr. does a facial, compared to the west?

He uses a steamer for 30 minutes. Then a vacuum. Then uses electricity on the freckles and zits.

My face is so much better in Canada than here, as the heat and dirt here really clogs my pores. So maintenance is a must here. It

KelloHitty,

Does this place presure you to sign a contract?

Every place does. I haven’t been to one that doesn’t try to get you to buy a package.

Make sure you ask someone else who already bought a package there about what is a reasonable price before you go in. The price is usually negotiable. The minute you try to get up and leave, they’ll lower the price. But if you already ask around about prices, you can skip all that haggaring and just put out the price you are willing to pay.

But, you don’t have to buy one. To make it quick, just say you are leaving the country tomorrow and you don’t know if you’ll be back. Then, no one will bother you. I’ve used that one before at a place I knew I didn’t want to go back to.

Make sure before you even to a trial facial that you ask how much does it cost so they don’t give you a more expensive one. Just in case. I’ve had that happen to me before too.
Unfortunately, it’s Taiwan, and the facial industry is almost like the hollywood movie industry - not in black and white.

[quote=“kellohitty”]

Make sure before you even to a trial facial that you ask how much does it cost so they don’t give you a more expensive one. Just in case. I’ve had that happen to me before too.
Unfortunately, it’s Taiwan, and the facial industry is almost like the Hollywood movie industry - not in black and white.[/quote]

Will you be going to the place that you suggested above anytime soon. I live in Yong He so it would be good for me because of location. Let me know, I would like to go, so I can get a jist of how this is done. Thanks