Stefan Molyneux

I will have a peruse , Thankyou . I tend to stop following ideologies when disagree with more than I agree with . It’s why I have taken my position on most things from having a look at what each side has to say ; compromising , then deciding . History and my own experiences are probably the biggest factor , as we all change our world views as we evolve and get … dare I say it … older :pensive:

1 Like

For sure.

He ran down the wrong road big time.

Gotta get some lunch for my kiddos, have a good one we’ll catch up later.

1 Like

What I find really disappointing with him … and I bet you feel the same about AOC sometimes , is that they may start out with the best intentions in life , then seem to screw it up with some extreme view that just makes you groan out aloud . I used to think Ghandi was a hero until I found out what he thought when he was in South Africa etc … in the same way

1 Like

Again, I never associated myself with AOC directly but was simply addressing her ideas. Obviously no single leader or political figure is going to be 100% perfect all the time and we can find fault in anyone or anything 24/7. Rush Limbaugh formed an entire selective outrage-fueled cottage industry out of raking the Clintons over the coals to the point of absurdity, but some people ate that up. He duped them out of billions and all Americans got was a weaker public sector in the end.

The Clintons have long since been out of public life but their odd obsession with hating them endures and is the single driving idea in their politics. Played out at this point, nothing new or interesting.

Molyneux is not in the same category as Ghandi, or the Clintons, or AOC, or any political figure that actually cares about the countries they represent better or worse. He is nothing more than a tired racist pseudoscientist and was exposed as such beyond a shadow of a doubt. Anyone suggesting otherwise at this point is or making excuses for him endorses his white supemacist ideals. There’s nothing else there.

His appeal in the beginning was understandable. He was hip, he wore headphones, packaged himself as edgy or new wave, and his presentation was incoherent/confusing enough that you could see how insecure people looking for direction in life might confuse his ideas for anything expect vitriolic hateful invective. He gave racists a window to express their ideas in a way that was novel or seemed to be otherwise if you didn’t dig a little deeper or think critically about them.

I believe you are a fair reasonable person and I’m glad you, like any just person, distanced yourself from him and his ideas. This is not someone anyone would be proud to support or associate with in any way.

1 Like

As long as I don’t get called a panda hugger for it i’m with this :slight_smile: I support pandas but not the Chinese nationalist ones.

Don’t worry …this is worrying though :thinking:

1 Like

Plus these dudes. I don’t know what to think now…don’t endorse all the lyrics but this will get your head nodding anyways…my son is dancing on the couch as we speak…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqe666WIoYU

There is absolutely nothing contradictory about being a self-described anarchist while using your jianbao card and driving on roads… Just as there is nothing contradictory about being a self-described Marxist while buying a bag of Dorritos.

Having a preferred ideology that is not reflective of the world we live in does not mean that you have to live your life in some extremely inconvenient way.

I believe that society would be more prosperous without the existence of a coercive nation state. We do not live in that world. I have to live my life in a world that has governments. That does not put me under the obligation to severely inconvenience myself by somehow avoiding state-funded roads or paying additional healthcare fees even though jianbao is forcibly taken out of my taxes and employment fees. I don’t understand why you can’t grasp this simple principle.

As for the 2nd Amendment and Patriot Act… I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I don’t know any anarchists that support the Patriot Act. And the only reason the 2nd Amendment would ever be mentioned by an anarcho-capitalist is that it is a clear statement of a natural right that exists regardless of the Constitution: a right to property. It is a restriction on government power… which is a good thing in the mind of any anarchist.

IQ and race is a touchy subject. As far as I know, there have been several studies that have concluded that there is a clear statistical relationship between race and IQ. What is NOT clear though is whether or not that link is genetic or environmental in nature.

Also, there have definitely been several studies that show a very strong statistical relationship between IQ and socioeconomic success. IQ has a stronger correlation with success (financial, family, occupational, etc.) than any other single factor.

Um… What world do you live in?

2 Likes

Stefan Molyneux is pretty entertaining. He gets a bit worked up for my liking though. I’m more of a dispassionate thinker myself. Smart guy though, and he talks about issues no one else would touch with a ten foot pole.

You don’t hafta do that, you know. :whistle:

He’s lying anyway. This was his last reply to me in that thread in reference to my questions.

I don’t take commands. I’ll give you my thoughts if and when I’m ready to. Now fetch me a Johnny Black on the rocks while youre waiting. Make yourself useful.

Very nice guy.

A post was split to a new topic: From Stefan Molyneux

A post was merged into an existing topic: From Stefan Molyneux