Steroids in taiwan

Hello everyone, Im new in Taiwan. Me and a couple of friends came here to teach english. I was just wondering if steroids are legal in Taiwan and if they can be purchased at the local Taipei pharmacy. I just want to make sure so I dont have to serve a death sentence while here. Thank you

What kind of steroids? I know some are legal and others are not. I suggest you track down the name and ask a doctor that would specialize in such things about their legality.

You can buy most drugs over the counter here without a prescription, but you have to know the name and it has to be legal.

What kind of steroids do you want?

In the past, I’ve bought Prednisone across the counter (I had good reason) without a prescription. However, I would never do it again unless I had terminal cancer - I don’t think I have seen any drugs that can fuck up people faster than steroids. Heroin would probably be less dangerous.

i was wondering about anabolic steriods…I have a condition where i cant put on weight…any info would be greatly appreciated…thanks

I have no experience with anabolic steroids. A quick Google search turns up lots of interesting nasty stuff, like this:

165.112.78.61/SteroidAlert/Steroidalert.html

My experience with Predisone (which is a very common steroid that can “cure” just about anything) should be instructive. I have Crohn’s disease, which severely damages the intestine. It’s incurable, and I’ve been operated on twice, with good results. Before my last surgery I was very ill, and taking Prednisone made all the symptoms disappear. My father, who died of cancer, also took Prednisone, and just like in my case he felt fine while taking the drug, but became severely ill as soon as he stopped.

But there are side effects, big ones, and it varies from individual to individual according to your physiology. In my case, Prednisone induced glaucoma and I nearly went blind. Fortunately I’ve recovered, and I’ve vowed never to take Prednisone again unless I’m on my death bed. As for my father, the Prednisone gradually sucked all the calcium out of his bones, making them as fragile as glass - he had to be VERY careful just sitting down on the sofa, and a hard sneeze could have fractured his ribs. And finally, when you stop taking Prednisone, all the symptoms you had return with a vengeance, even worse than before.

I believe that this last problem is also true with anabolic steroids - if you use it to build up your muscles, you may find that everything turns to sagging flab within weeks after you stop, and the only cure is to take more steroids.

So in my opinion, steroids are best left for those who are terminally ill and just need it to preserve the quality of their lives.

regards,
Robert

Gone

Interesting you should say that. I was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy four years ago, and in addition a nasty affliction that scarred my maculars (back of the eyeball).

I was put on a week’s worth of IV Prednisone, followed by an oral course.

Much to dismay, following that episode, the eye doc diagnosed me with pigmentary glaucoma.

Now me wonders if this was a result of the hardcore prednisone course I was on. Hmm…

Anyway, I manage my glaucoma with medication. And enjoy my dimishing eyesight each and every day. And I thank god I fully recovered from the Bell’s Palsy.

Interesting you should say that. I was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy four years ago, and in addition a nasty affliction that scarred my maculars (back of the eyeball).

I was put on a week’s worth of IV Prednisone, followed by an oral course.

Much to dismay, following that episode, the eye doc diagnosed me with pigmentary glaucoma.

Now me wonders if this was a result of the hardcore prednisone course I was on. Hmm…

Anyway, I manage my glaucoma with medication. And enjoy my dimishing eyesight each and every day. And I thank god I fully recovered from the Bell’s Palsy.[/quote]

Well I’m no expert, from what I’ve read I kind of doubt that pigmentary glaucoma was steroid induced. This web page explains the different types of glaucoma, and has pigmentary and steroid-induced as two different types:

eyemdlink.com/Condition.asp?ConditionID=2

Pigmentary Glaucoma (Pigment Dispersion Syndrome)
Pigmentary glaucoma is a form of glaucoma that usually presents in young males, 20 to 50 years old. Other risk factors include moderate myopia (nearsightedness) and African-American ancestry. Many of these patients present to the ophthalmologist relating episodes of blurry vision, and sometimes eye pain, after exercise. The underlying cause is dispersion of pigment in the eye as a result of the posterior aspect of the iris rubbing against the zonules (microscopic fibers which hold the natural lens in place). This is known as iris-zonular touch. In fact, all patients with pigmentary glaucoma will necessarily have pigmentary dispersion syndrome prior to the onset of glaucoma (i.e., actual optic nerve damage and peripheral vision loss).

The mechanism of glaucoma development in this syndrome is the deposition of pigment from the iris into the trabecular meshwork (primary site of fluid egress), essentially “plugging” the microscopic spaces through which fluid escapes. On exam, the ophthalmologist makes the diagnosis of pigmentary glaucoma by first noting transillumination defects (windows) in the iris indicative of pigment loss. Many patients will also have pigment on the posterior (back) side of the cornea and heavy pigment deposited in the trabecular meshwork.

Though the “best” method of treatment still remains somewhat controversial amongst ophthalmologists, many forms of treatment have clear benefit, and treatment should not be delayed. Methods of treatment that have been commonly utilized include the use of miotics, laser peripheral iridotomy (PI), and argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT). Miotics are topically applied (eye-drop) medications that constrict the pupil, thereby minimizing iris-zonular touch. A laser PI has been argued to release the pressure differential between the anterior and posterior chambers, thereby allowing the iris to bow forward away from the zonules. This procedure may, therefore, have the most benefit in terms of prevention of glaucoma. It may not be as valuable once the glaucoma is well-established (i.e., most of the pigment has rubbed off of the iris). ALT has been shown to have a very clear benefit in terms of pressure control in these patients. This procedure, therefore, may be more appropriate once the condition is well-established.

Steroid Induced Glaucoma
Steroid induced glaucoma is defined as an increase in eye pressure of equal to or greater than 15 mmHg with topically (eye-drop) applied steroids. The condition may also occur with systemically administered steroids (e.g. prednisone). Approximately 5% of the general population is considered to be “steroid responders”, i.e., may develop steroid induced glaucoma when steroids are administered. However, 95% of patients with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) fall into the category of steroid responders. In most cases, development of increased eye pressure takes one to two weeks after initiation of steroids. However, in some cases, the increase in eye pressure may occur as soon as a few hours or as long as months to years following the administration of steroids.

Treatment of the condition requires discontinuance of corticosteroid, if possible. The eye pressure usually returns to normal in a few days or weeks. However, if necessary, patients may be treated medically, in the same fashion as an open-angle glaucoma patient (see primary open angle glaucoma above).

I am sure what was originally asked was steriods(testosterone) for anabolic or muscle building purposes.
Do not believe all the trash and bad publicity in the media.
Even many MD’S are not knowledgeable about the subject.
“You get old and worn out because your body reduces output of hormones”
not “your body reduces output of hormones because you get old”
Woman have been using HRT for years.Now do not preach about the side effects.
Why not men ??

[quote]Do not believe all the trash and bad publicity in the media.
Even many MD’S are not knowledgeable about the subject.
“You get old and worn out because your body reduces output of hormones”
not “your body reduces output of hormones because you get old”
Woman have been using HRT for years.Now do not preach about the side effects.[/quote]

Oh please! :unamused: Tell that to a few of by buddies back home who now have shrunken testicles, hair loss, acne, etc.! One of them was a semi pro body builder in the eighties. The side effects of steroid use/misuse are well known.

[quote=“bigmoose”]Woman have been using HRT for years.Now do not preach about the side effects.
Why not men ??[/quote]
Yes they have. And they’ve been suffering the side effects, too, which is why the major pharmaceutical companies are devoting such enormous wads of R&D budget to find safer alternatives.
Why not men? Sure, why not. But if you want to remain a man rather than some kind of impotent, sterile, angst-ridden monstrosity, you might want to think twice.
Honestly, have you been asleep for the last two decades?

You obviously know very little about steriod use and the side effects,as I am certain your friends with tiny testicles,hair loss and acne also do.
Every chemical you put into your body has a side effect(usually unpleasant) but you must know how to work around it.
Ever hade a hangover ? So what did you do ?
You are supposed tov be an intelligent user,jnot overdo it or use it when you are at risk.Have youm seen the labelling on epedrine(ephedra) products.Yet people still used it stupidly.So lets ban everything.
By the way,the benefits far outweigh the side effects of HRT for women.Ever had a hip or pelvis fracture ? I suppose not,rather ignore the benefits and concentrate on something to sue the manufacturers.
Come on,wake up and question what the media has to say.