Stimpy returns to taiwan?

So when Stimpy left Taiwan for the frozen wastes of the PC police state of Canada there were several of us who were betting on how long it would be before he returns to Taiwan.

I reckon it will be around six months from his leaving or less. He’s got more real friends here and life is much better here than in Canada.

What say you all?

[quote=“Satellite TV”]So when Stimpy left Taiwan for the frozen wastes of the PC police state of Canada there were several of us who were betting on how long it would be before he returns to Taiwan.

I reckon it will be around six months from his leaving or less. He’s got more real friends here and life is much better here than in Canada.

What say you all?[/quote]

LOL. Thanks, Jim. Friends like you made leaving extremely difficult.

I love the “PC police state” bit. I had Xmas dinner at my brother’s home this year. One of his wife’s friends was over-- someone they thought I might find interesting, I guess. She was an academic, a PhD candidate who teaches history and “womyn’s” studies. For some reason, upon hearing the latter of her specializations, I began hearing the sounds of screeching tires and cars crashing in my head. I was then introduced to her as someone with a degree in comparative literature. She naturally asked what books I had read recently. I, wanting to avoid time in the PC pillory, conveniently failed to mention the one about the Thai prostitutes lent to me by one Mr He. I figured it was best just not to “go there.” Yes, it’s a very different world over here.

Anyway, I miss everyone over there. I won’t sway any betting odds by revealing any future plans here (though I think Mr He is the one responsible for the pool); I’ll just extend my greetings to all my friends in Taiwan and on F.com.

All the best for 2007, Stimpy.

Have you done the foaming trousers thing again lately?

Happy New Year, Stimpy!

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]All the best for 2007, Stimpy.

Have you done the foaming trousers thing again lately?[/quote]

Thanks Omniloquacious. All the best to you as well.

That was a memorable hike. The foaming trousers trick, to fill in those reading who weren’t there, was performed by wearing shorts still laden with laundry soap. My crappy Taiwanese washer --I’d later find out-- died between its wash and rinse cycles, leaving the load the trousers had came from very soapy. Anyway, soap laden trousers, plus rainy day, plus the agitation caused by walking created suds-- lots of suds. It was quite a sight and among the most weird clothing phenomena I’d ever seen. That was good for quite a laugh out on the trail. Did anyone get pics; I forget if we took pictures or not.

Thanks and right back at you, Maoman!

Unfortunately, I don’t think we did. We’ll have to do a rerun when you’re back in Taiwan and make sure we have our cameras ready to capture it for posterity. (We could even have a contest: everyone saturate their breeks in laundry detergent and see who can work up the best emission of suds.)

Dear Stimpy.

I say that you will be back on april fool’s day, renting a great dig in TPE, having a tard sleeping under the bed, and drinking lots of beer between kindy classes, while pondering your future.

Weekends, you will do the same in the flaking grotto on the hill.

Happy new year and look forward to see you again.

My folks say hi too, you made an impression on my old man. Firecrackers and burns anyone?

Happy New Year to you and yours, Mr He.

Yes, your father was a quite a guy. Who would have thought that a proper Danish doctor would enjoy 快炒, beer, firecrackers and mischief? He seemed more relaxed and at home in Taiwan than many expats who’ve lived there for years.

And greetings from my dad too.

He still enjoys beer by the way, however I did not see if he tried to blast his fingers away again, as I was not home during new years eve.

I think we should start placing bets… I reckon Stimpy is fed up with those frozen wastes and butthead PC persons and should be back earleir than we all think. :smiley:

No, it’s nice and warm where stimpy is. He is in dreamland after a long and tough day.

Even did speedwalking.

I love the “PC police state” bit. I had Xmas dinner at my brother’s home this year. One of his wife’s friends was over-- someone they thought I might find interesting, I guess. She was an academic, a PhD candidate who teaches history and “womyn’s” studies. For some reason, upon hearing the latter of her specializations, I began hearing the sounds of screeching tires and cars crashing in my head. I was then introduced to her as someone with a degree in comparative literature. She naturally asked what books I had read recently. I, wanting to avoid time in the PC pillory, conveniently failed to mention the one about the Thai prostitutes lent to me by one Mr He. I figured it was best just not to “go there.” Yes, it’s a very different world over here.

Anyway, I miss everyone over there. I won’t sway any betting odds by revealing any future plans here (though I think Mr He is the one responsible for the pool); I’ll just extend my greetings to all my friends in Taiwan and on F.com.[/quote]

I’m about ready to pull the plug, Stimpy. My friends back in Korea all lost their bets on me. I’ve been here over a year. Oh get me out of here!