Storage in Taiwan

I have a small truckload of boxes and furniture that I need to store for a few months. Does anybody know of any storage units for rent in Taipei/Taipei County? In the States U-Haul rents them by the month.

I would really appreciate any tips and leads since I have a week to vacate the space where it is stored right now…

Thanks, Elias

I have never seen any self-storage lockers anywhere in Taiwan. The only thing you can do is rent a room in someone’s house and put your stuff there, or find a friend with a large unused bedroom. Try to find a place on the first floor so you won’t have to carry things up and down stairs.

Is there such a thing as self-storage in Taiwan, you know a facility to temporarily put your stuff if you plan to be out of the country or inbetween apartments.

I’m out of the country right now, so if someone spots an ad in the English papers, please let me know as well.

Thanks!

Pulpo, I’d try the bigger forwarders or international moving companies. I know that they have storage facilities, no idea if they are willing to rent them out, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Check the papers (or on-line …) for KC Dat Asian Tigers international movers, call the TW branch and ask for Peter Karlsson, he’s a very accomodating & friendly chap (swedish or norwegian or so I believe). Good luck, Xpet.

Anyone have any positive information regarding this matter, and going rates per ping/sqm/sqft per month?

It is strange if there is no such facilities around the bigger cities in Taiwan. Most people live in small apartments with limited storage space, and often end up using one bedroom (of premium value) for their storage needs…

I’d suggest Allied Pickfords, Andy Chen in Sales should be able to help.

E-mail: andy.chen@alliedpickfords.com.tw

For a large (very large) load I was quoted 10 NT per cubic foot. Your milage may vary.

The company and the folks treated us very well.

Along those lines, I suggest avoiding Crown Van Lines and Four Winds. The first tried to shaft me and the second accomplished the shaft. Once again, your milage may vary.

OOC

I’m now offering storage space check the classifieds here or send me a pm

Cheers,
Okami

I’v got a storage in the first floor, also in the Taipei city,
if you still in Taipei and need it!!

:sunglasses:

[quote=“OutofChaos”]I’d suggest Allied Pickfords, Andy Chen in Sales should be able to help.

E-mail: andy.Chen@alliedpickfords.com.tw

For a large (very large) load I was quoted 10 NT per cubic foot. Your milage may vary.

The company and the folks treated us very well.

Along those lines, I suggest avoiding Crown Van Lines and Four Winds. The first tried to shaft me and the second accomplished the shaft. Once again, your milage may vary.

OOC[/quote]
Does anyone know if this is NT$ 10 / cu. ft per month or per year?

Your best bet would be to find some room for rent out in Taipei County where the rent is cheaper and see if you can work out a dealer with landlord…this is how I see the locals deal with “temporary” storage…

any update on this? any new companies surfaced since last post?

I’m looking for somewhere to store my car for a few months. Does anyone know of a place anywhere on the island that has storage big enough for a car and that is secure?

There are tons of storage people doing this business, of course they target Chinese speakers… so if you’re not searching in Chinese, you’re gonna have some trouble. 591.com.tw has several outfits advertising this service.

Only one self-storage facility has been referenced, and the only comments about it are given by the same user, who presents himself first as someone working there, and in the next post a few months later as a customer… That doesn’t look very serious…

I know another self-storage company, the name is Easy Storage Taiwan (台灣便利倉). They are serious and can adapt their service to your specific needs. They have two locations, one in Sanchong, the other one in Yonghe.
Their website: http://www.easystorage.com.tw/en/

Furthermore, if you have any specific need, just call Jodi. She is Taiwanese/Canadian, so no problem of communication with her. Her phone number: 0922-024-182.