Store Bought Pre-made Bone Broth Taiwan

Korean at Mia cbon. Salt content is much lower than many others they could have 500% the daily recommended amount. Forgot the price.

Just bought one of those crock pots they use to cook lu rou fan in for making broth.

Bought some 45ntd pork bones from carrefor, bunged them in it with some water and some other stuff and let it cook for 8 hours. So simple! tasted amazing. Saw they also sell cheap chicken bones in px mart for chicken soup.
Didnā€™t see any beef bones in the supermarket though.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget to roast (or grill) the bones first. The more brown on them, the more flavor the broth will have. Donā€™t be afraid of roasting until you put a black line of char on the edges.

This is 10x true for beef broth. Roast or grill beef bones before you make stock from them.

4 Likes

I make my own and freeze a bunch of extras. Bone broth is amazing for your health.

Do you somehow scrape out the inside of the bone marrow or just what?

Thanks! Iā€™ll try that next time.

It really is a game changer. Though I still add some uncoated bones for the more oily feel.

@tango42 if you are still not into making your own, itā€™s fairly easy to strike up a conversation with a.shopnyou like and just purchase more when they make it then freeze. Arrange and pay ahead of time so they can prepare enough ingredients for extra sales. We used to do that.

Itā€™s easier to make our own than go buy it though, so we just let it stew at home when we have an off day :slight_smile:

I personally also fear the unknown chemicals that commercial ones add. But I suppose I would trust a can (easy to buy now) over a bag.

1 Like

I tried this, iā€™ve done it twice now and you were not lying! took my soup to the next level.

2 Likes